The Tournament of Rings
is an Original Character Tournament
taking place on deviantART
and it is currently in Round 3.
Angel Olien Dae is a fallen angel who needs chaos to live. To achieve this, she creates chaos of her own by hosting the Tournament Of Rings. The competitors each receive a ring somehow. It looks regular, but something about it is odd. Once they put it on, the contestant finds themselves in a great valley surrounded by other confused contestants. All of whom are wearing a ring.
The winner of the tournament will gain the Ring of Wishes, which allows them to wish for a single thing- anything their heart desires. Along the way, though, the competitors will be collecting rings of power to help them with their task.
Who will come out victorious?
- Winged Humanoids: They're all angels with wings.
- Good Wings, Evil Wings: Adrael has black wings, since she's part demon. Angel, who's a Fallen Angel, has golden yellow. Azrael, the full angel, has blue-ish white. Now that he's fallen, they're turning black.
The Host for the Tournament of Rings
An angel who hopes to get his last promotion to Archangel. He's in charge of keeping track of the deaths of the Tournament of Rings.
- Celestial Paragons and Archangels: Azrael's an apprentice under Archangel Michael so that he can later become just like his father, Archangel Samael.
- Eldritch Abomination: His true form has 4,000 wings, four faces, and a tongue and eye for every human on earth.
- Fallen Angel: After Round 2, Azrael's halo got ripped away from him by his sister.
- Holy Halo: Azrael's halo takes the form of a ring that he wears on his left ring finger.
- Our Angels Are Different: Azrael's a bit of a monster in real life.
- The Grim Reaper: Inverted. He's the Angel of Death, but he doesn't kill people, it's just his job to record it all.
- Don't Fear The Reaper: Averted- He's just doing his job, and would like you to get on with dying, thank you.
A mentally unstable half-angel with good intentions, but her desire to wreak havoc sometimes runs away with her loyalty to her job. She is assigned to the Tournament of Rings to makes sure that the lives of the contestants run their proper course.
- Ascended Demon: She's trying to be one, at least.
- Daddy's Girl: Subverted- she vies for Samael's attention, but doesn't often get it.
- Half-Breed Discrimination: Adrael experiences this, having been forbidden from entering or going near certain parts of the higher planes. Sometimes she even gets this from her own brother, who can be egotistical at times.
- Hybrid Monster: Adrael is the child of an angel and a demon. That never ends well.
- Maligned Mixed Marriage: Samael and Adrael's mother.
- Mixed Ancestry: Adrael. She's a half demon, half angel.
- Parental Favoritism: Adrael gets the short end of the stick.
- Casting a Shadow: Many characters including Damien, Arklay, Abyss, Moza, and in a certain way, Caroline.
- Would Hurt a Child: He nearly KILLED Moza's daughter, just so she'd participate in the Tournament, and threatens her life if Moza doesn't succeed.
- Bandaged Face: Ezekiel has a bandaged face because of severe burns when his house burned down.
- Why Did It Have to Be Snakes?: Ezekiel ends up in the Lava Chambers in the second round, facing the demon-kid Sohrab. Neither are good for his fear of fire.
- Apologetic Attacker: Even in the heat of battle, he still finds himself apologizing after actually landing a blow.
- Badass Adorable: To be expected, being a Kid Hero, but even his demon form has big cutesy eyes.
- Badass in a Nice Suit: His demon form sports a pretty snazzy red one.
- Berserk Button: The realization that Jolly killed the dad of the two kids he's been trying to save is enough to make him almost break his Technical Pacifist status.
- Guile Hero: Despite possessing some impressive fighting power, Sohrab prefers to run
- Kid Hero: A reluctant one.
- Older Alter Ego: According to one character sheet, his demon form, in addition to be just taller, is also physically older.
- Playing with Fire: In demon mode, he can engulf his fists in flames.
- Sinister Scythe: His signature weapon.
- Technical Pacifist: He seriously does not want to kill anyone if he can help it. Even when enraged by his opponent, he still finds a way to take 'em down without killing them.
- Steam Punk: Tristan comes from a world of steam engines and gears.