Must be Monday. New podcast! Just click on the fancy logo below.
The Tourettes Guy
aka: Tourettes Guy
The Tourettes Guy
is a series of YouTube
videos following the eponymous Danny, a foul-tempered and foul-mouthed man with "Tourette's syndrome
" - though his behavior is likely more influenced by all the booze he drinks.
His friends and family often show up, but aside from his equally foul-mouthed father, they are only heard from offscreen and never seen.
For a while, it was believed that Danny had died in a car accident. However, between Christmas 2009 and Christmas 2010, 3 new videos were posted, and his website claimed that he was still alive and had just been in jail the whole time. A fourth new video was posted on Christmas 2012
- The Alcoholic: Danny, who is almost always seen with a beer bottle. The official website claims that his behavior is likely influenced more by his drinking than his Tourette's.
- Amazingly Embarrassing Parents: Danny, as shown during the outing to a grocery store.
- Arson, Murder, and Jaywalking:
Why did you move here from North Dakota? Danny:
My wife was fuckin' everybody in Bismarck
Is that why you two got a divorce back in 1999? Danny:
That, and her spaghetti sucked dick!
- Ass Shove:
- Danny claims he wants to shove a broom up the ass of the person who named Fashion Bug.
- He also claims during a bowling game that he wants to shove a can of Pringles up a preacher's ass.
- Also, apparently something happens when Alex Trebek has a picture of a giraffe in his ass during an earthquake.
- Atomic F-Bomb: Several, but a few notable examples are:.
- Yelling "FUUUUUUUUUCK!" after the The Police version of "Every Breath You Take" played while he was on hold with Colgate (he hoped it was the Puff Daddy cover).
- Yelling "SHIIIIIIIIIIT!" offscreen, which synched up perfectly with Mufasa falling off a cliff on the TV.
- At his son's job interview, after telling him multiple times he didn't want some Twizzlers his son was eating, he screams "BUTT FUCK!!" The person napping nearby was not amused.
- Yelling "FUUUUUUUUUCK!" after crashing headfirst into the chandelier.
- As the cameraman drives away from the Tourette's Guy's dad as quickly as possible, he screams "You cocksuckerrrrrrrrr!!!!", complete with Doppler effect.
- Author Appeal: Including Danny's shirt, there are a lot of references to breakfast cereal. And almost all the videos involve phones.
- Badass Beard: Danny's dad, who bears a striking resemblance to Santa Claus. Danny lands into a bit of trouble when he points this out.
- Badass Grandpa: Danny's dad.
- Belligerent Sexual Tension: Between him and his ex-wife, Shirlena. "BITCH! I love you."
- Berserk Button: Calling Danny's dad a Mall Santa.
Danny: FUCK YOU AND EVERY MALL SANTA THAT LOOKS LIKE YOU!!!
Danny's Dad has Danny in a headlock
Danny's Dad: So you wanna talk some shit, huh, baldy? Ha ha ha.
- Talking shit about Total around Danny.
- Big "NO!": When a grocer tries to take away Danny's marshmallows.
- When Danny's son wants to have Danny try some Twizzler's.
- Chew Toy: The titular Tourette's Guy.
- Cloudcuckoolander: Danny is an incredibly foul-mouthed one.
- Cluster F-Bomb: If you couldn't figure this one out already...
- One example: Danny carrying a hot casserole dish without oven mitts. When he gets back up after putting it down on the table, he hits his head on a chandelier. Leave room and cue Atomic F-Bomb!
- Another example: Danny "arguing" with Shirlena; they're pretty much just yelling "Fuck you!" at each other repeatedly.
- Comedic Sociopathy: Oh so much.
- Comically Missing the Point: In one video, Danny is watching an exercise program. He isn't exactly exercising. He's moving the top half of his body while sitting down and eating chips.
- Heaven knows what started this argument, but it ends up hilariously.
Danny's Son: Then he told me to tell you that he wouldn't piss on you if you were on fire.
: Well you tell him that I said I wouldn't piss on him if he was on Jeopardy!
- Corpsing: The cameraman does this occasionally in response to Danny's outbursts.
- Country Matters: So far, the c-word has only been used once.
- Curse Cut Short: One of Danny's many curses is interrupted by a jump cut... to another curse.
Danny: By the way you cocksuc-(cut)-bastards!
- Cut His Heart Out with a Spoon: "Then I'll tie Pat Sajak to a telephone pole, and let a UPS guy buttfuck him!"
- Department of Redundancy Department: "Suck my dick... Or cock!"
- Dissimile: "These fish sticks are hard as tits!"
- "Let me tell you about a porcupine's balls! They're small, and they don't give a SHIT!
- "Why don't you make like a banana and shit!"
- "That's what happens when Alex Trebek has a picture of a giraffe in his ass during an earthquake!"
- Erotic Eating: Strangely invoked - after commenting on a woman described as a lesbian "that just means she likes what I like", Danny bites into a corn dog.
- Even The Subtitler Is Stumped: In "Bird in the House", Danny goes running into the other room after his son tells him there's a bird in the house, yelling some of his usual curses before shouting something unintelligible ("???").
- Everythings Worse With Bees: In one episode, Danny gets attacked by a swarm of bees while he's mowing the lawn. He handles it about as well as you'd think. ("AW BOB SAGET! Oh SHIT!")
- Freudian Slip: "I talk to my son ON A DICK! (Beat) ...DAILY BASIS!"
- Funny Background Event: Danny shouted "PISS!" so loud that the top page of a wall calendar came loose and fell back down, changing the calendar to the previous month.
- Gag Dub: During one episode, Danny's son is watching The Lion King while Danny himself is cussing people out on the phone in the next room. They sync up surprisingly well.
- Go To Your Room: Danny grounds his son for not thinking that the garbage disposal sounds like Chewbacca taking a shit.
- Green Aesop: "I'm getting sick and goddamn tired of all these looters and polluters!"
- Groin Attack: Danny's son accidentally throws a paper towel at his crotch. Luckily, it wasn't hard. ...The paper towel, not his dick.
- Hair-Trigger Temper: Danny, of course. He also apparently takes after his father.
- He Who Must Not Be Seen: Every recurring character except for Danny and his dad.
- Hollywood Tourette's: It's sort of a given.
- Hypocritical Humor: Danny admonishes his son for saying "shit", after saying it six times since he entered the room.
- "I don't hate gays, but if some faggot ever tries to touch me..."
- He was probably implying that he'll ignore it, but if a gay does try to molest/marry/etc...
- Danny wears glasses, but that doesn't stop him from calling Rick Moranis "four eyes".
- Several episodes after Danny's Limited Wardrobe was lampshaded by his dad, guess what said dad is wearing in the next episode he appears in.
- Calls an angry janitor, who has a beer belly but some buff arms, a fatass, while Danny...is fat.
- Danny's dad - who is bald - calls Danny "baldy" during a fight.
- Jerkass: Big time, but it's part of the humor.
- Large Ham: Danny and his dad.
- Like Father, Like Son: His dad swears just as much as he does.
- Limited Wardrobe: In almost every single episode, Danny wears a neck brace and a Tony the Tiger T-shirt. His dad called him out on it in one episode.
Danny's Dad: You change your damn glasses more than you change your damn shirt! Why don't you trying wearing a different shirt for once in your life?
Danny: Why don't you just FUCK OFF!!!
- Literary Agent Hypothesis: The series is purported to be a documentary.
- Mad Scientist: According to one video's description, Danny's psychiatrist put a giant blue M&M in his bedroom to see how a person with Tourette's would react when waking up next to a giant blue M&M.
- Malaproper: "He's not playing with a full dick!"
- Mistaken for Gay: Danny postulates that wherever Brent Spiner is nowadays, "He's probably getting fucked in the ass!"
- Mooning: "Does this look like the ass of someone who would know if the Jiffy Lube is open on Sundays?"
- Nerd Glasses: Danny sports a pair of horn rims since his return.
- No Indoor Voice: Boy howdy...
Danny's Son: Dad, there's some white stuff on the floor....
Danny: THAT'S MY ASS!!!
- Noodle Incident: "That's what happens when Alex Trebek has a picture of a giraffe in his ass during an earthquake."
- "This is the second time I've been fucked by Dairy Queen!"
- Whatever caused Danny to call Colgate.
- Oh Crap: "I'm gonna whip your ass, you little son of a bitch! Come back here, you cocksucker!"
- Orphaned Punchline: Some clips are just a second or two of Danny saying something bizaare:
"Ronald McGoddamn Donald!"
"Just how much ass are we talking about?"
"If she was a car, she'd be a 4-door Ford Whore! Bitch."
- Overly Long Gag: Danny looking through a phonebook, watching lottery results, brushing his teeth, and showering.
- Parental Neglect: Upon hearing a loud crashing noise while reading the paper.
Danny: The hell was that?!
???: Danny, your son just fell down the stairs!
Danny: Well, QUIT IT! (goes back to reading the paper)
- Potty Emergency: Danny's dad at a McDonald's.
.Danny's dad: Oh shit.
???: What, did you forget your wallet?
Danny's dad: No, I mean MOVE, I gotta shit! (pushes people out of the way as he runs to the bathroom)
- Rapid Fire No: Danny unleashes one while watching a sports game, and follows it up with a Big "NO!".
Danny: Damn the referee! DAMN HIM IN THE ASS! Damn it!
- Running Gag: There are several videos in which Danny's ex-wife come over to talk about her problems with work or family. Every time, Danny completely fails to show interest or sympathy.
Danny: Are we gonna fuck, or what?
Danny: (more concerned with the TV than Shirlena) I COULD SHIT A BETTER KOOL-AID COMMERCIAL!
- Big black women (with big tits, you can't miss 'em) get referenced in several videos. In addition to the line from the Gag Dub of The Lion King, Danny thinks "Amazon.com" is the name of a big black woman his son works with, and Danny's dad tries to hit on one at a store (well, her ass was big at least).
- Screw Politeness Im A Senior: Danny's father certainly lives by this trope.
- Shoe Slap: "I'll throw my shoe at your faggot ass!"
- Sir Swears-a-Lot: Naturally.
- Slapstick: Danny is on the receiving end of a lot physical comedy: his chair falls over, his beer spews foam on him, a bird flies into his face, he bangs his head on a chandelier, he drunkenly stumbles down stairs, a supermarket cardboard standup falls on him, and more. The cameraman sometimes takes punishment, too.
- Speaking Like Totally Teen: Danny's dad hits on a black woman with a big ass by trying to sound black himself. He gets an Armor-Piercing Slap for his efforts.
Danny's dad: Damn, bitch! You got a STUPID fat ass!
- That Came Out Wrong: When Danny gets hit in the groin by a roll of paper towels.
Danny: Where's the paper towels?!
Danny's Son: They're right over here, Dad, in this bag.
Danny: Throw 'em over here!
Danny's son throws him the paper towels, and it hits him in the groin
Danny: Ouch! Motherfucker, you hit me in the dick!
Danny's Son: Sorry...
: You're lucky it wasn't hard! (Beat
) I mean this thing (the paper towels), not my dick!
- This Trope is [BLEEP]: Twice, Danny's rants actually had to be censored- first when he states his opinion of George W. Bush, and second when he cusses at the faucet for burning him.
- Two Decades Behind: There's a definite retro vibe going on. Pop culture references are dated to the 80s (Unsolved Mysteries, Star Trek: The Next Generation, Alf...) and in one episode Danny is seen watching a Kool-Aid commercial from that decade.
- Unusual Euphemism: He replaces most of his usual profanity with "BOB SAGET!" for one video.
- "EAT MY SHORT DICK!"
- "Suck my cocks!" Apparently he has more than one.
- Verbal Tic: The first two times the phone rings when Danny is rooting around in the fridge, he seems unable to stop himself from saying "Fashion Bug" in response. On the third ring, he seem to have broken the habit, and instead says he'd "like to find the mother fucker who named it Fashion Bug and shove a broom up his ass!"
- When All You Have Is a Hammer: When a bird flies into the house, Danny's reaction is to first try and down it with a thrown beer bottle, and then try swatting it with a broom... in a room filled with fragile objects. The results are what you'd expect them to be.
Danny's son: Dad, you're gonna break everything in the whole house!
Danny: I'M TOO PISSED TO GIVE A SHIT! (the bird flies into his face) OH FUCK! DAMN IT!
- Who Names Their Kid "Dude"?: Danny takes a low and suicidal opinion on people with the name "Combs". (This despite liking a song performed by Sean "Puff Daddy" Combs; see "Atomic F-Bomb" above.)
Danny's Son: Dad, I heard he* killed himself...
Danny: I'd kill myself, too, if my last name was................ COOOOMBS.
- Why Did It Have to Be Snakes?: "I'm not afraid of SHIT! ...Except snakes."
- YouTube Poop: A popular subject.