The Princess of the magical summertime kingdom needs to get married, ASAP! But she doesn't want to marry just anybody from her home kingdom. No, she needs twenty-eight foreign guys magically imported into the kingdom to go fight for her heart!
The Silver Rose (or TSR
) is a now-completed Original Character Tournament
organized by the user graceia
. Instead of having contestants fight to the death colosseum-style, though, they had to go on dates and impress parents (or at least run away from the princess's Stalker with a Crush
) in order to survive to the next round.
- Attractive Bent-Gender - Kismet, Phoenix, Jaques and Sir Reginold all make very charming men.
- It should also be noted that Zandria was originally Zander and Nicole was originally Nick.
- Camera Fiend: Duane, all the way.
- Can't Hold His Liquor - Jayjay. After two beers, he is standing on the table and screaming about badgers.
- Character Development - Of course everyone expects the contestants to undergo this, but Isaac? Isaac?
- Cloud Cuckoo Lander - Ares. He's not totally in touch with what's going on, and is occasionally more concerned with his jelly beans than with the competition.
- Cooking Duel - REAL MEN FIGHT WITH THEIR HEARTS!
- Ensemble Darkhorse - The NPC Isaac was a 2-D antagonist character in the beginning, but quickly gained popularity among the artists competing in the tournament.
- Ermine Cape Effect - Princess Zandria and the rest of the royal family are only shown wearing fancy royal clothing in many of the entries.
- Everything's Better with Princesses - Two are better than one!
- Evil Chancellor - Sir Isaac Locke, Royal Advisor and one of the main antagonists to the contestants.
- Femme Fatale - Princess Nicole
- Hopeless Suitor - Isaac to Zandria
- If It's You, It's Okay - Zandria and Kismet, even though Word of God (the tournament rules, in fact) states that Zandria is straight.
- I Want My Beloved to Be Happy - Isaac after a while stops trying to get rid of the contestants as Zandria comes to like them more and more. In fact, the opposite happens...
- Jerk with a Heart of Gold - Wilh uses this trope to good effect. Isaac has his moments as well.
- Non-Player Character - Much of the main cast in the canon is comprised of NP Cs, particularly Zandria and Isaac.
- Royal Blood - Royal blood runs through the women of the family.
- Sir Swearsalot - Wilh even manages to be this in front of Zandria's parents.
- Spoiled Sweet - Princess Zandria was spoiled rotten all of her life but is still a very nice person.
- Tomboy Princess - Princess Zandria
- Unlucky Childhood Friend - Isaac is to Zandria.