The Silver Rose
The Princess of the magical summertime kingdom needs to get married, ASAP! But she doesn't want to marry just anybody from her home kingdom. No, she needs twenty-eight foreign guys magically imported into the kingdom to go fight for her heart!The Silver Rose (or TSR) is a now-completed Original Character Tournament on DeviantART organized by the user graceia. Instead of having contestants fight to the death colosseum-style, though, they had to go on dates and impress parents (or at least run away from the princess's Stalker with a Crush) in order to survive to the next round.
- Attractive Bent-Gender - Kismet, Phoenix, Jaques and Sir Reginold all make very charming men.
- It should also be noted that Zandria was originally Zander and Nicole was originally Nick.
- Camera Fiend: Duane, all the way.
- Can't Hold His Liquor - Jayjay. After two beers, he is standing on the table and screaming about badgers.
- Character Development - Of course everyone expects the contestants to undergo this, but Isaac? Isaac?
- Cloud Cuckoo Lander - Ares. He's not totally in touch with what's going on, and is occasionally more concerned with his jelly beans than with the competition.
- Cooking Duel - REAL MEN FIGHT WITH THEIR HEARTS!
- Ensemble Darkhorse - The NPC Isaac was a 2-D antagonist character in the beginning, but quickly gained popularity among the artists competing in the tournament.
- Ermine Cape Effect - Princess Zandria and the rest of the royal family are only shown wearing fancy royal clothing in many of the entries.
- Everything's Better with Princesses - Two are better than one!
- Evil Chancellor - Sir Isaac Locke, Royal Advisor and one of the main antagonists to the contestants.
- Femme Fatale - Princess Nicole
- Hopeless Suitor - Isaac to Zandria
- If It's You, It's Okay - Zandria and Kismet, even though Word of God (the tournament rules, in fact) states that Zandria is straight.
- I Want My Beloved to Be Happy - Isaac after a while stops trying to get rid of the contestants as Zandria comes to like them more and more. In fact, the opposite happens...
- Jerk with a Heart of Gold - Wilh uses this trope to good effect. Isaac has his moments as well.
- Non-Player Character - Much of the main cast in the canon is comprised of NP Cs, particularly Zandria and Isaac.
- Royal Blood - Royal blood runs through the women of the family.
- Sir Swearsalot - Wilh even manages to be this in front of Zandria's parents.
- Spoiled Sweet - Princess Zandria was spoiled rotten all of her life but is still a very nice person.
- Tomboy Princess - Princess Zandria
- Unlucky Childhood Friend - Isaac is to Zandria.