open/close all folders
Live Action TV
- Buffy the Vampire Slayer: The season five finale was advertised as the series finale on The WB, before the final two seasons were shown on UPN.
- Phil of the Future
- That's So Raven
- Mr Rogers Neighborhood, although in this case, homage is paid internally. The last episode features portraits of characters from both The Land of Make-Believe and the titular neighborhood itself. Also, Mr. Rogers and Mr. McFeely shake hands, something which actor David Newell saw as an opportunity to thank Rogers for having been a great colleague and friend throughout the show's run.
- Legends of the Hidden Temple
- This was formerly company policy of Nickelodeon. Finales were proposed before, including the never-completed finale of The Angry Beavers, but they were shot down due to this policy. This was officially broken with the airing of the Jimmy Neutron: Boy Genius finale.
- Played With on Mighty Max—told that they could not make a real resolution because the show would rerun, the creators, feeling a bit snarky, created a scenario where Max gets sent back in time to relive the series over again.
- Apart from An Aesop on teamwork, The Magic School Bus "Takes a Dive" plays out like any other episode of the series. That may be part of why the show has been in perpetual syndication since its first run ended in 1997.