The Power of Darkness
is an internet story written by 0SzayelAporroGranz0 (The owner of Chatango Roleplaying
). The story itself is near impossible to actually find, as the creator only distributes the story to people who send him a message on Chatango requesting that he send them the story. Narrowing it down even further, you must have Skype to actually recieve the story, as he will only send the story via Skype File Transfer. He claims that less than 15 people
actually have the story, and due to the story's ridiculous
length, he's not sure who has actually read the full story. He once posted a list of the people who actually have
the story, and even then those aren't actually all of the people who have the story, these are only his close friends he has given the story to. He only revealed their Chatango accounts.
The story itself is over 2000 pages.
0SzayelAporroGranz0 has said that the story could be separated into at least five books.
is that the story is written in font size nine.
The story took the creator five years to write
Descriptions of the tropes that appear in The Power of Darkness:
- Abnormal Ammo: The Gem Gun, which shoots bullets made out of diamonds.
- The NeedleGun, which, as you would expect, shoots needles. Too bad the tips of the needles have a fast-acting poison on them.
- Above Good and Evil: Alexander Ridel, full stop.
- Action Girl: Lauren Pints. She fights Black Dragon and actually does well for a while (Until Black Dragon gets serious).
- You can't forget about the epicness that is Hanna and her hammer.
- Elizabeth Baron. Though not as much as the other ones.
- Admiring the Abomination: Xavier to Satana. EPIC FIGHT ENSUES.
- A God Am I: Crystalite, oh yes.
- Red Dragon when he escapes from Nethetia.
- Overlord. Although it is completely and 100% justified.
- 4th Custodio Ulquianta Bianco has absolutely no type of god complex at any point. However, if he did have one, it would probably be the most justified god complex in all of fiction. By the end of the story, he is not only the last remaining villain, he also outlived every single character except for two. Even better is that he ends up 10 times stronger than Overlord in his base form. It is no wonder why Word of God confirms him as the strongest character in the story.
- A God I Am Not: Demon despises being compared to a god. He claims that "flattery" won't save anyone from him.
- Darkshine. Although he "appreciates the comparison" he claims he isn't a god yet.
- Ambiguous Disorder: Whatever FuseMaster has. Not played for laughs in the slightest though. Astonishingly, he's got an I.Q. of 187, but he seems mildly retarded.
- What the hell is up with Blue Jay? All we know is he is completely insane.
- Amplifier Artifact: The Heart Diamond, which Diamond thrusts into Joe's chest before his fight with Purus Despero. Halfway through the fight, Purus graphically rips the Heart Diamond out of Joe's chest and crushes it with his bare hands.
- Amulet of Concentrated Awesome: The Possessor's cloak. Actually, the cloak amplifies his psychic powers, but limits his phsyical power. When he takes the cloak off he tears everyone up, but loses most of his psychic powers.
- Mercenary Master Joe's rose that he wears on his suit gives him all of his power. He doesn't react well when Joe burns it.
- Animal Motifs: The 14th and 15th Custodios, respectively.
- The Archer: The 8th Custodio. He's a fucking sniper with his bow.
- Always Camp: Maximillion Benedict. Just.....Maximillion Benedict.
- An Arm and a Leg: Serpent vs. Joe = Serpent losing his left arm and left leg. Then he gets robotic limbs.
- Are These Wires Important?: How most of Mr. Mecha's robots are destroyed. Though the wires aren't completely random, usually they cut off the wires that provide power to the machine.
- Art Initiates Life: The Possessor does this at multiple points.
- Authority Equals Asskicking: The Manchado as a whole are ranked based on strength. The Custodio are the top ten strongest, whereas the rest of the Manchado are called The EjÚrcito. The EjÚrcito are the 11th Manchado and up.
- Bad Ass: So many fucking people.
- Badass Heroes:
- Joe Tunici
- Rick Yurane
- Jack MacVille
- Blue Jay
- Adam Mackayervanian Mackayervanian is his fake name. It's actually Yurane.
- Robert Grey
- Badass Villians:
- Overlord, himself.
- The 1st, 2nd, 4th, Ex 5th, 5th, 6th, 7th, 8th, 9th, and 10th Custodio! Plus, the only reason the 3rd isn't there is because he has a breakdown when his spandex suit is destroyed.
- And there are still so many more!
- Badass Decay: Alexander Ridel becomes less badass and more fucking terrifying the more the story goes on.
- The Red King. Introduced as almost equal to Overlord. What is he by the end of the story? Killed in 5 chapters time.
- Blood Bath: Masochist takes one at one point in the story just because he likes it. He drinks the blood afterwards.
- Blood Knight: Xavier Zayel. Oh dear lord.
- The Manchado. While not as whole, some subvert this while some play it straight. Manchado literally translates to "Bloodlust" from Spanish to English.
- Can't Have Sex, Ever: Joe. Proably because his wife is still alive.
- Carrying the Antidote: Not exactly, but the antidote was very close. It was used brutally when Todd is under the effects of the Skin Toxin he begs to be killed after being affected for a few minutes, believing there is no hope for him. Jack hands him a loaded gun and he does exactly what he wanted to. However, the very next room they walk into has the antidote to the toxin in full display. Science God even announces over the intercom system that if they had waited just a few more minutes Todd would have lived.
- Cold-Blooded Torture: A very large amount of torture is present.
- Darkshine before he murders Adam.
- Collapsing Lair: After Overlord is defeated, his lair begins collapsing. However, this is probably because during the fight he and Joe destroyed nearly every pillar in the throne room.
- Crazy Awesome: Mark Treacher. "Call me Treacher, first names are not necessary."
- Curb-Stomp Battle: Oh, so many.
- The first time Black Knuckle faces Joe.
- Purus Despero versus Xavier, damn.
- When Rising Sun faces Robert.
- Black Dragon against Lauren. Just makes the fight Joe has with Black Dragon much more satisfying.
- Every single battle that Joe has with Darkshine except for the last 3.
- Deflector Shield: When Purus Despero is beating Xavier, he puts up a force field to prevent his allies from attempting to help him.
- Disability Superpower: In Joe's first fight with Serpent He cuts off his right arm and leg. It takes awhile, but for his second (and last) fight with Joe, he gets 2 robotic limbs that are much stronger than his regular limbs. An epic fight ensues.
- Doomsday Device: Mr. Mecha's Super Nuke. However, it was only to be used in the situation that all of his robots were destroyed (as he believes they are the only reason for him to live).
- Electric Torture: Trojan is a fan of this trope. However, any person who gets tortured by someone else doesn't get off so easily.
- Energy Absorption: Brian the Darkness. Although, considering the character we're talking about, it somehow manages to be funny at some points.
- Faster-Than-Light Travel: When they finally make it to the moon base they find a ship that can travel at the speed of light. This is how they manage to get to Overlord.
- Functional Magic: Wizard Ramensta's magic.
- The Possessor's, too, but not nearly to the extent of Ramensta.
- Green Rocks: The Possessor uses his psychic abilities to bring a wax figure of Superman to life to attack the heroes. They can't do any damage to it because "only kryptonite can hurt him." What does Joe do? Sneaks off, paints his sword green, then comes back and runs the replica through with the sword! It works.
- Harmful to Touch: Don't touch any of Trojan's "files." You will regret it.
- One-Winged Angel: While many characters have One Winged Angel forms, the most interesting are the Manchado, as every one of them has one. All of the Manchado have swords. The swords have a sealed power inside of them that reflects the owner of the sword. When the power is released, the Manchado who possesses the sword will go into a One Winged Angel form.
- The most notable being Ulquianta Bianco, who is the only Manchado who's sword contains two sealed powers, meaning that he has two One Winged Angel forms. This character shares many similarities with Ulquiorra Cifer from Bleach. The Manchado themselves are similar to the Espada as a whole, really.
- The 29th Medio Espadachines has a pretty freaky one. Once he releases his sword, 8 copies of himself surround him. Then they all melt into liquid and are forced down his throat. Then the liquid copies burst out of his back and turn into 8 spider like legs.