THIS...IS A LIE!!
The Lord Inquisitor is a CGI fan film, based on the Warhammer 40,000
Universe , developed by Erasmus Brosdau. The film will be centered on Lord Inquisitor Torquemada Coteaz, an Inquisitor of the Ordo Malleus, sent to investigate the planet Occulta Majoris, accompanied by a squad of Grey Knights.
The film is slated to be around 40 minutes long and is set to be released on either 2013 or 2014. Aaron Dembski Bowden, a writer from the Black Library, has been confirmed to write the story. Watch the first official trailer here
- Action Girl: Recent WIP images confirm that the film will include an female assassin.
- The Apprentice: Marcus Allenbrisk, who is learning from Torquemada on his path to becoming an Inquisitor.
- Artifact of Doom: An unknown artifact that was discovered by the Imperial Guard, which drove the planets inhabitants insane.
- Awesome Personnel Carrier: The Grey Knights' Ace Custom Land Raiders. With a Grey Knight armed with an autocannon on top of it.
- Badass: The Setting, The Characters, The Battles, The Story...etc etc. The film as a whole seems to be banking on...
- World of Badass: This is WARHAMMER 40K after all. And just to drive the Badass point home once and for all...
- Badass Army: The most elite — and best-funded — of the Space Marines will be featured in this film: the Grey Knights. The secret and mysterious Loyalist Chapter of Space Marines specifically tasked with combating the dangerous daemonic entities of the Warp and all those who wield the corrupt power of the Chaos Gods. We dare you to deny that they are badass.
- To see how awesome, check this picture out: Awesome doesn't even come close to describing it.◊
- Badass Cape: The cape worn by Lord Inquisitor Torquemada Coteaz. It even has fur!
- Bald of Awesome: Torquemada. Enough said.
- Blade on a Stick: Some of the Grey Knights are equipped with Nemesis Force Halberds, whilst others are equipped with Cool Swords
- The Cameo: Torquemada makes a cameo in Flash-Gitz Animation's The Trials of Draigo
- Cool Guns: The Heavy Bolters utilized by the Grey Knights. Although all of them have ArmCannons, known as storm bolters, on their arms too.
- Cool Swords: The various swords used by the Grey Knights can most definitely qualify as this. They include Nemesis Force Swords, Nemesis Greatswords and Nemesis Warding Staves. They can all cut through daemons like hot knife through butter.
- Cool Plane: The Grey Knights' Thunderhawk Gunships. They are armed with missile launchers and heavy bolters, mind you.
- Cool Ship: Lord Inquisitor Torquemada Coteaz's personal flagship.
- Drop the Hammer: Torquemadas Daemon Hammer. Mind you, it's a really BIG Hammer.
- Large Ham: THE NARRATOR. Example: THIS...IS A LIE!!
- Manipulative Bastard: The Alpha Legion of the Forces of Chaos.
- At least, at first during early development. This troper had a brief conversation with Mr.Broasdau and he confirmed that he scrapped the idea and will only be focusing on Daemons.
- Meaningful Name: Torquemada, you say?
- More Dakka: And how!! In the trailer, we see the Grey Knights Space Marines emptying their heavy bolters and autocannons with shell casings flying in all directions.
- Powered Armor: What the Grey Knights wear can be considered as this. They even call it Power Armor. And Lord Inquisitor Torquemada Coteaz's personal suit most definitely counts.
- The Mentor: Torquemada to Marcus.
- Scenery Porn: The various scenes of space and of the battlefields that wars are waged on can be considered as this.
- Shout-Out: The Artifact and its powers seem to be based on the Markers from Dead Space.
- Then again, the Warhammer 40,000 universe has artifacts that have been doing similar events long before Dead Space.
- Tank Goodness: The trailer features IMPERIAL GUARD BANEBLADES in action. BANEBLADES.
- The Corruption: What the unknown artifact does to the planet's inhabitants, eventually driving them insane. It is later revealed that it is a Chaos Artifact.
- Well-Intentioned Extremist: Most (good) Inquisitors in the Warhammer 40K universe are considered as this. Lord Inquisitor Torquemada Coteaz? We shall see, but information on him so far certainly point to this trope.