We're here to help!The Koala Brothers
is an Australian stop-animated TV series aired on Playhouse Disney. It involves a pair of koala brothers
named Frank and Buster that ride on an airplane to look for others in need of help. This show is known for Frank and Buster helping out their friends with various problems such as what to do when sick, how to take care of a plant, or even help repair an ice cream truck.
When Playhouse Disney became Disney Junior, repeats of the show were carried over to it.
Tropes in this show:
- An Aesop: Being a Playhouse Disney show, it definitely has these.
- Christmas Episode: The Koala Brothers Outback Christmas
- Everything's Better with Penguins: Penny the Penguin
- Everything's Better with Platypi: Alice the Platypus
- Funny Animal: All of the characters are these.
- Goggles Do Nothing: Averted; everyone who goes for a ride in the plane will always wear goggles over their eyes.
- I Ate What?: In one episode, Lolly the Emu makes all sorts of nasty flavors of ice cream including spinach and broccoli.
- Identical Twin Id Tag: Buster has a small tuft of hair on his head.
- Minimalist Cast
- No Antagonist: While the characters can be inconsiderate sometimes and have different opinions, there are no villains or disagreeable characters - the emphasis is on helping others and being a good friend.
- Running Gag: Whenever Frank and Buster fly the airplane out of their house, they always manage to knock over their letter box.
- Seldom Seen Species: This series not only has the titular koalas, but also an emu, a wombat, a platypus, an echidna, and a possum.
- And sometimes, even a penguin.
- Sweet Tooth: See Trademark Favorite Food.
- Trademark Favorite Food: For Buster, it's butter cookies.
- You Didn't Ask: Frank's stated reason for not mentioning that he had a photo of Penny the penguin in The Koala Brothers Outback Christmas.