A strange, unsettling show from british theatre troupe 1927, The Animals And Children Took To The Streets is a musical about oppression, rebellion, and children. Horrifying children.
- Amoral Attorney: Who will steal your kidney. And is a werewolf.
- Break the Cutie: 'Oh, who will help poor Agnes Eaves?'
- The City Narrows: The Bayou Mansions are this as a tenement building.
- Downer Ending: In the realist ending, Evie is saved, but all the other children of the Bayou are addicted to the Gumdrops, and the tyrannical Mayor is once again comfortably in control of the city. Agnes and Evie move away from the Bayou with less optimism than they had when they arrived, and the caretaker has to scrimp and save all over again for the money to leave
- Multiple Endings: Near the end, the audience are given the opportunity to choose whether the caretaker goes down the path towards the 'idealistic' or 'realistic' endings.
- Red Right Hand: Granny Gumdrop mentions in her song that you shouldn't mind about her black teeth. Her eight robotic arms might count too...
- Status Quo Is God: See Downer Ending