The 47 Society
As detailed on The Other Wiki here, the number 47 has become an in joke among groups of mathematicians and screenwriters, improbable as the crossover may seem.
- One of the biggest users (and according to some, the originator of the trope) is the Star Trek franchise, to the point of having a page on its wiki.
- J.J. Abrams picked this up and uses it in his series, most prominently in Revolution and Fringe.
- The protagonist of the Hitman series.
- Averted by HK-47 from Knights of the Old Republic, who is named after the AK-47. Same goes for the multitude of fictional guns with 47 in the name.
- As most (all?) the writers of the League of Intergalactic Cosmic Champions were Star Trek fans 47s were a big in joke there too.
- Pomona College is big on the number 47  (Connected to the Star Trek example in fact)
- The Wonderbolts of the Reading Rainbowverse are part of Spec Op group 47.