- One of the biggest users (and according to some, the originator of the trope) is the Star Trek franchise, to the point of having a page on its wiki.
- J.J. Abrams picked this up and uses it in his series, most prominently in Revolution and Fringe.
- The protagonist of the Hitman series.
- Averted by HK-47 from Knights of the Old Republic, who is named after the AK-47. Same goes for the multitude of fictional guns with 47 in the name.
- As most (all?) the writers of the League of Intergalactic Cosmic Champions were Star Trek fans 47s were a big in joke there too.
- Pomona College is big on the number 47  (Connected to the Star Trek example in fact).
- The Wonderbolts of the Reading Rainbowverse are part of Spec Op group 47.
The 47 Society
As detailed on The Other Wiki here, the number 47 has become an in joke among groups of mathematicians and screenwriters, improbable as the crossover may seem. (it's a prime number, by the way)