Tears Of Steel
The fourth Blender Open Movie project, Tears of Steel is the movie about saving the world, overwriting memories, and humans interacting with robots. It's also the first one of project's movies that features live actors.
- Arm Cannon: The engineers have pulse weapons attached to their wrist.
- Artificial Limbs: Thom is freaked out by Celia's robotic hand.
- Big "NO!": The engineer with the broken glasses pulls one of these when the abort button fails.
- Black Dude Dies First: Averted, the black guy is actually the last human shown as a post-credits bonus, and is very much alive.
- Cyber Punk
- Exactly Exty Years Ago: It's been 40 years since Thom and Celia broke up.
- Freeze-Frame Bonus: 6 minutes into the film is a blackboard with all the different memories they've tried to impose on Celia. The board is full of short suggestions like "Interpretive Dance", "Chocolate", and "1. a rose - a. 2 roses - b. a dozen roses".
- Gainax Ending
- Humongous Mecha: The mooks. Celia became one too.
- Love Makes You Crazy: It appears that Celia became the Big Bad because Thom was "freaked out by her robotic hand".
- More Dakka: The black guy has a really cool machine gun.
- Ominous Pipe Organ: The scene is set in a building which seems to be an old abandoned church with a large organ glooming on the wall. It never makes any sound though.
- Time Skip: The main part of the story happens 40 years after the beginning scene (which is "replayed" later).
- Twenty Minutes into the Future: As usual for a Cyber Punk setting.