Letters, numbers and other typographical
symbols that talk.
- There was a clay-animated ad for Cadbury's Crunchie bars where a bar turned into the word "Crunchie". The letters didn't talk, though—they just ate each other. Nightmare Fuel?
- Part of the wave of 1980s Transformers knockoffs were a line of letters and numbers that turn into robots. There may not have been a backstory.
- Most of the characters in 3 in Three, starting with the protagonist, Ms. 3.
- The Unown from Pokémon resemble the 26 letters of the Latin alphabet as well as a question mark and an exclamation point, but the only thing they can actually say are their own names.
- Darwinians in Darwinia are frequently referred to as "glyphs".
- The children's show Word World has animals that are made of letters.
- ReBoot featured numerous numerals throughout Mainframe, most prominently 7, 8 and 9.