is a Machinima
and Let's Play YouTube
group of British gamers. While not much has been shown so far, there is plenty that has been planned and is in development. A variety of material has been made, ranging from their main show Combat Devolved
and various Let's Plays
to vid/pod-casts on a particular Video-Game based subject or recent events.
Despite the current obscurity of the group, the Talking Skullz
shows are incredibly Troperiffic
, and its members have decided to start up a trope page for the purpose of continuing to add on further tropes as subsequent episodes are released.
If anybody has happened to stumble upon this page and is curious to watch this group's work, there is a link to their YouTube
As you could probably guess, this is under construction - at the moment all focus is on developing Combat Devolved
The members of Talking Skullz (and their loosely-defined roles) are as follows:
Let's Plays include:
- Castle Crashers (Sam, Rob, Krollie)
- Halo3 (Sam, Krollie)
- Halo4 (Sam, Rob, Callum, Nathan)
- Scott Pilgrim vs. The World (Sam, Rob, Callum)
- Sonic Adventure 2 (Also known as "the only one that will actually be finished entirely") (Sam, Rob, Callum, Krollie, Tom, Tommy)
- The Walking Dead (Rob)
- Best BGM (Sam, Callum, Krollie, Tommy)
- Doctor Who, Pokémon X and Y and Machinima (Sam, Krollie, Matt)
- The Hobbit, Doctor Who 50th AS "The Day of the Doctor" and Atlantis (Sam, Rob, Callum, Krollie)
Tropes associated with Talking Skullz in general:
- Ascended Fanboy: On the same day as becoming a member of the group, Ross was designated as the "TV Tropes Pimp"... We don't get it either.
- Big "Shut Up!": Callum is inevitably on the receiving end of this, many times per video, often when Tommy is present.
- Epic Fail: A large amount of the Castle Crashers Let's Play had been done... and then Krollie accidentally loses all of the files.
- A lot of moments during the Sonic Adventure 2 Let's Play can be described as this, particularly when a person (i.e. Krollie) dies at the same part 3 times in quick succession.
- No Indoor Voice: Put three or more of these guys in a room together and a shouting contest ensues.
- Non-Indicative Name: The Vidcasts can become this. A topic is presented, the present members try to talk about it for 5 minutes... and then it all deteriorates into madness, with said members usually talking about everything EXCEPT the titled topic.
- Running Gag: If something goes wrong, Nathan will be blamed. No exceptions.
- One Steve Limit: Both Played Straight and Averted. There are three "Thomas"'s, but each goes by a different version: Tom, Tommy and Krollie.
- Shout-Out: To many different things, as is the nature of the channel while doing stuff. Especially prominent in any Let's Play, where any time It Makes Sense in Context occurs, a reference will happen.
- Xtreme Kool Letterz: The title.
Sonic Adventure 2
Talking Skullz' most comprehensive Let's Play thus far is their full playthrough of Sonic Adventure 2, currently in progress. Sam, Callum, Krollie, Rob, Tom and Tommy
join forces and take it in turns to fail their way through the various missions and bosses, with much shouting and many references along the way.
View the playlist here