A Web Original
series by Lev Yilmaz. The eponymous "tales" in the series are brief reflections on Lev's life or even statements about life in general using anecdotes to give examples. The videos in this series consist of multiple still images in the process of being drawn by Lev (which can be as simplistic as a stick figure or as complex as a portrait of Clint Eastwood
), narrated in a very dry, monotone voice.
channel can be found here
and his official website can be found here
Lev also made a book and DVD entitled Sunny Side Down: A Collection of Tales of Mere Existence
This web series contains examples of:
- Author Appeal: The entirety of "Horny" (shocking, isn't?) and "FOOD". Being anectdotes about his life, this pops up frequently
- Breathless Non Sequitur: A whole string of them in "How to Get Out of a Rut"
- Some squick inducing ones in "I Can't Sleep".
- Cannot Spit It Out: His "How We Really Didn't Date Each Other" video
- Creator Breakdown: How to get out of a Rut.
- Cringe Comedy: His video on why you should never visit your girlfriend while she is at work.
- Love Before First Sight: Discussed in a completely made up situation in "How You May Fall For A Girl In Facebook"
- Missing Episode: Subverted. "How We Really Didn't Date Each Other" was removed from Lev's YouTube channel at one point for "personal reasons," but eventually it was reuploaded due to how many people requested that he put it back.
- Overly-Long Gag: Many of the videos are this. Some specific examples.
- "No thanks, Mom, I don't like fish"
- "So I can get my stuff done."
- Sarcasm Mode: "My Nice Nice Day" video, wich Lev made after a request for him to be more "happy".
- Suspiciously Specific Denial; never happens.
- "[...] and then randomly start sending drunk emails to girls he doesn't know - not that I have done this, I just suspect that some modern men do."