Tales Designed To Thrizzle
Tales Designed To Thrizzle is a Dada Comic by Michael Kupperman, which takes inspiration from The Golden Age of Comic Books, CopShows, cut-out-and-mail-in advertisements, and whatever else he feels like writing about. Surreal Humor Ensues.A television pilot was created for Snake 'n' Bacon, which aired on [adult swim] in May 2009.Tales Designed To Thrizzle went on to be nominated for the 2007 Harvey Award for Special Award for Humor in Comics.And me? I'm a grilled cheese sandwich, $4.99, with a fountain soda of your choice, no extra charge.
This series provides examples of:
- Ax-Crazy. Twain and Einstein Depending on the Writer.
- Boy Band. They call themselves Boybank.
- Buddy Cop Show. Twain and Einstein and Snake 'n' Bacon.
- Captain Obvious. "Need to get somewhere? Why not use transportation?"
- Choose Your Own Adventure
- Cluster F-Bomb. Used in a Fake Advertisement, because it's the writer's "way of being enthusiastic."
- Cool Airship. The Sex Blimps. Just make sure to watch your step whilest boarding them.
- Fake Advertisement
- Historical Villain Upgrade. Pablo Picasso is always in a bad mood, beats up rainclouds, and constantly threatens to chop up people "into leetle cubes!"
- Informed Ability and Informed Flaw. Not only can Snake 'n' Bacon carry on a conversation, they apparently also have a lot of attitude. Pretty impressive considering that Snake can only say "Sssss" and Bacon can only recite preparation instructions.
- Lawyer-Friendly Cameo. The Hardly Boys, Dick Crazy
- Ninja Pirate Robot Zombie. Drunken Pirate District Attorney!
- No Celebrities Were Harmed. Averted. Mickey Rourke, The Monkees, Buzz Aldrin, *NSYNC, President Taft, and Michael Caine appear.
- Running Gag
- Super Window Jump. As done by The Bittern and Jungle Princess.
- Two-Fisted Tales. Starring Two-Fisted Poe.Quoth the raven: Lights Out!
- What Do You Mean, It Wasn't Made on Drugs?
- What Kind of Lame Power Is Heart, Anyway? The Mannister can turn into a banister.