"Yeah... Don't ask how I ended up looking like that..."
Full name Thomas Benjamin Abrams, I'm an amateur artist and High School Student from Fairville, Transilvania. Easily the most obscure person, both IRL and on the net, and don't really feel like changing that. I'm also a character from the webcomic The-FAN
, by BT Isaac
, which can be found here
Now let's see, what to say about myself, because obviously, there's bound to be someone out there who cares whether I live or die, no? Anyway, I'm a 16 years old high school kid who lives with his dad. I go to school, he goes to work and weird things happen.
I got two friends, Adel and Simon, and we go to adventures together that couldn't possible happen in real life, yet somehow, they do. Probably one of the most preposterous things was meeting Yuki, a girl from Osaka, Yamato
. Now we're classmates, she's sitting right next to me, and get this: we now live in the same apartment, like in some bad Wish Fulfillment
fic written by one of those losers Encyclopedia Dramatica likes to make fun of so much. At least we didn't Meet Cute
, that would've been really embarrassing.
Regarding my interests, I like to watch Anime, play games, and dream of exotic lands in the far east. Which makes my meeting with Yuki all the more ridiculous. I'm somewhat of an otaku
. I even used to look like (sort of) the guy Sasshi
turns into on the respective trope page's image. Now I look like the picture for this page, where I happen to be cosplaying as Ikari Shingi
(I'm not really good at it, but Dad is an expert when doing Gendo impressions, and he doesn't even know who Gendo is).
As a result of a certain incident, I am taking over my writer's position as troper.
TB Abrams provides examples of the following tropes:
- Animesque: Guess what. I actually look like that. Some think I overdosed on watching Anime.
- BrotherChuck: Remember when I used to be in the comic? How long ago was that anyway?
- Bishōnen: A side effect of being Animesque. Too bad weight loss wasn't a side effect. But hey. At least I'm not a Gonk.
- Covert Pervert: I will refuse acknowledge the fact that I alluded to watching NWWL. It was a slip. I was actually referring to a completely unrelated wrestling show involving men.
- Deadpan Snarker: You'd be one with an author like that.
- Genre Savvy: To the point of having my own User Page.
- Magical Girlfriend: If this isn't the genre my life has started turning into... Seriously, I ended up sharing a school bench AND even the same apartment with a girl from Yamato. Now if that isn't the dream of every obese unshaven, basement dwelling western otaku, I don't know what is. Seriously if this turns into some sort of badly written teenage romance flick, I'm gonna kill my author.
- Mary Sue: The bastard keeps on trying, but I ain't gonna abide and become one. Mark my word.
- Otaku: As mentioned above, I'm into Anime, Manga, games and anything far east related. That picture on the trope page, that could be me. Except for the stubble. And the ugly face which I somehow lost. And the glasses, which I don't wear even though I should. And I have the decency to take a bath at least once day. But besides that, I'm just like that guy.
- This Loser Is You: And by 'you' I mean the no-talent hack writing this pitiful excuse of a webcomic, and the people like him. Although hearing hints of where future plot developments might take me, I'm serriously beginning to worry about his mental state.
- World of Weirdness: I feel like living on it. I mean just take that one time I was attacked by that robot or the shape-shifter incident. These things happen every day. And don't get me started on the giant waffle that nearly ate professor Chestov (although in the waffle's defense, I wish it did).