- Sean Porter of Gridiron Gang
- Thomas Carter of Coach Carter. What makes him so super is not only does he make his team a champion contender, but he was willing to sacrifice it all to ensure that his players take their schooling seriously.
- Herman Boone of Remember the Titans
- Jim Ellis of Pride 2014.
- Mr Nutt in Unseen Academicals, who takes a team of largely wheezing unfit wizards plus other misfits and an orang-utan and turns them into a capable football squad. Nutt is a misfit himself — he's an Orc...
- Ulrik Wilbek, the Danish handball coaching legend. He took over the Danish women's national team in 1993 (a team that almost got shut down due to bad results), resulting in a silver medal in the world championships that year. Following that was a victory at the European championship (1994) and a bronze medal at the world championships (1995). After that, the Danish team won the handball treble (continental champions+world champions+Olympic champions - greatest thing you can do in that sport), which no other team has won before them, winning at the olympics in 1996, European championship later the same year and the world championship in 1997, before he left the team. Before the Euro championships in 2006, he took over the men's team, who worked their way to a bronze medal in 2006 and again at the world championships in 2007, before winning the Euro championships in 2008, where a rock solid defence got the Danish team to victory. The olympics 2008 was the first time a Danish NT led by Wilbek had to leave a big tournament without a medal to show for it. In other words, Wilbek brought Danish women's handball from shit to the world top, then brought Danish men's handball to the top of world handball. He has been present at 14 big international tournaments with the two Danish teams and has 11 medals (5 gold, 2 silver, 4 bronze) to show for it, with teams that weren't expected to win anything before he took over. He has stated that he will retire from coaching the men's team in 2014, probably with some more medals to show for it.
<<|Characters as Device|>>