Storm Dain Productions is a YouTube
channel run by Storm Dain
. Normally he only does videogame reviews (or adventures) but that doesn't mean he won't do other things
. His reviews are humorous in nature and filled with many sketches. He often loses subscribers because of the things he says, such as insulting Rock Band
, making him a Love It or Hate It
Provides Examples Of:
- A Date with Rosie Palms: Storm was able to beat a Soda Shaking minigame in Mario Party 8 due to having enough practice with the trope.
- Accentuate the Negative: Averted. He barely reviews and actually has adventures so he may or may not actually finish the game.
- Arch-Nemesis: Miiguel. Whenever mocking him he shows himself in a sombrero saying "Soy el, me whore"
- Also, the Nyko sensor bar, but he seems to have moved away from that.
- One of Storm's adventures was not with a game/console, but with his fans.
- Author Appeal: BOOBS! He spends a good portion of each God of War game talking about the boobs, and even makes a top five list of the best sex scenes in the games at the end of the adventure.
- Call Back: A well known quick in his adventures is referencing his quotes of previous advntures, no matter how irrelevant it is to the game.
- Although this has been a problem as of late due to some viewers being confused as to what he's referring to. To combat this, Storm once made footnotes (complete with images) in one adventure, and flat out said in another adventure that he's proud of the viewer if s/he got the reference.
- Catchphrase: After ranting about difficulty: "And this creates frustration levels only previously found in [insert game here]".
- "All sliders to the right!". After renouncing his interest in character customization since playing Oblivion, all character customization is done all sliders to the right. Also applies when the game asks him to set brightness.
- All sliders to the right didn't work out for him in the Saints Row The Third adventure. So he made his character on Jimmy from MSI. Yet he somehow ended up with Tommy Wiseu.
- Every Episode Ending: Starting from Bioshock, every adventure ends on a quote detailing his opinion on a game.
- Fun with Acronyms: GISHAOTYA, "Games I Should Have Adventured On Two Years Ago".
- Also GISHAOTYAIIWAWROGFTNR, "Games I Should Have Adventured On TEN Years Ago If I Wasn't Already Writing Reviews On Game FAQS That Nobody Read".
- Happily Married: With Sarah since the adventure with Halo: Reach and Call of Duty: Black Ops, she also appears in his videos.
- Kill It with Fire: During his Wii U response video, when Activision came up, well...cue Ominous Latin Chanting. And fire.
- "Not Making This Up" Disclaimer: His reason on how he got a Sega Genesis? His neighbor sold it for ten dollars because he was on debt on Girl Scout Cookies.
- Old Shame: His adventure of Mario Party 8, other earlier adventures, and his old college sketches, although he has uploaded some of them on his channel.
- Rage Quit: To an extreme where he broke a WiiMote in half to his knee, and threw an Xbox 360 controller to the edge of his TV, malfunctioning it in the process.
- Something Completely Different: Cooking with Future Storm.
- Token Non-Human: Brenda, a sweeping broom.
- Updated Re-release: His inFAMOUS adventure, which fixes the phrase "did I loose any friends" to "did I lose any friends", something his viewers have been pestering him for a few years.
- Super Mario Galaxy, after completing the game and found out that he has to play it over with Luigi, Storm decides to redo his adventure again by replacing Mario with Luigi.
- What Could Have Been: He wanted to have a proper send off for Future Storm and Brenda, but Storm lost his job.