Starlit Heroics is Xerizero Re 9010
's personal masterpiece, and it includes the adventures of multiple characters and their development along with discovering more of the world around them.
There's two main stories so far - the Black Blood Crusades
(which revolves around the desperate struggle had by the soldier Lirus and his companions against the Zombie Apocalypse
that is brought upon by the eponymous Nachzehrer monsters - black blooded demons that infect others through their blood.) and Tale of a Sun and Moon
(which revolves around a man who's tangled himself in the thick and dangerous underworld of Divixus due to getting something he wasn't supposed to.)
The creator himself has crafted all 70+ characters
, their personalities, along with working them all to be identifiable from each other, the story over an ongoing 5-year span of cleaning up plots and scenarios, the world where they live in, every little detail, continuous studying of works like it, a wiki and etc.
There is a fanfiction in the same category called Legend Of The Rising Star
also made by the creator which is a multi-franchise crossover that takes place in the world of Starlit Heroics that has actually helped
to contribute ideas to the canon of the actual Starlit Heroics (The Apocalytes being a part of the history and various other little things.)
- Absolute Cleavage: Quite a few. Generic monsters such as the Murilega cat women and so on.
- Action Girl: (Almost) the entire cast of female characters.
- All There in the Manual: There's a wiki written by the creator that can be found here. It contains everything that is canon and even things that haven't even appeared into the series yet.
- Anyone Can Die: A given, seeing as no punches are pulled.
- Anthropomorphic Personification: The gods are usually the personification of a certain thing, whether it's an element or otherwise, usually having a critical impact on it. There are also several other things that can fit into this catergory.
- Ascend to a Higher Plane of Existence: Naturally, when people die they have a chance of becoming an angel or an Apocalyte demon based on a number of things that decide where they go.
- Ax-Crazy: Quite a number of characters, ranging from the intensely depraved Crucio, Carminella the Eldamis brothers, etc.
- Aerith and Bob: Given the sheer amount of characters and the kind of place the story takes place in.
- Badass: Many characters, due to usually being combat-hardened soldiers or incredibly powerful demi-god like creatures.
- Empowered Badass Normal: Many characters (heroes specifically) have some sort of special item or ability or are the reincarnation of a powerful spiritual entity that grants them the strength they have.
- Took a Level in Badass: It wasn't enough that the heroes and villains were as strong as they are— they get even more so as the story passes.
- Become Your Weapon: Weapon Synthesis allows the user to combine with their most valued weapon or weapons. The same thing applies to sentient / empathic weapons.
- Big Boo's Haunt: Cemeteries usually contain zombies or ghosts during the night. For a prominent example, there's the Graveyard Palace, a wasteland populated with nothing but gravestones.
- Boobs of Steel: Most of the female characters.
- Bottomless Magazines: Justified because many of the ammo-consuming weapons are usually substituted with solidified magic, even bows and arrows, but overall, people use actual ammunition.
- Black and Gray Morality: Despite having some unambiguously good people as heroes and some villains portrayed mostly as normal people caught in a bad spot, they oftenly have to do awful things to get along. Which is not even considering some of the nastier stuff such as Reversa's relentless execution force, Iduun cowing an entire nation to become a military state through racism and superiority overtones, the Eldamis Brothers' purely selfish and corrupt public deeds, Verus Amor kidnapping people and selling them off as brainwashed sex slaves, etc.
- Blood Knight: Saphirade, Umbra, to name a few.
- Cast of Snowflakes: Arguably every character can be differentiated from each other, due to their different inspiration, personality, appearance, weapon of choice, and etc.
- Church Militant: Laitona, Verona and Salutenia. The entire United Lunardream Church is technically this, ala Trinity Blood.
- Casting a Shadow: Dark-elemental users. Nocta takes this up a step further, though.
- Colour Coded Elements: Many conventions are color coded.
- Null is gray. or turquoise.
- Light is yellow or white.
- Dark is red and black.
- Luna is lavender or light blue.
- Earth is green. or brown.
- Flame is orange with some red thrown in there.
- Frost is blue or white.
- Cloud is purple or yellow depending on which part it is (Wind or electricity)
- Death Is a Slap on the Wrist: Characters who use Abyss Knight-grade Valiant Crystals instantly regenerate from any mortal wounds. That is, unless you break the stone that they have somewhere on their bodies, making them similar to Liches.
- Crystal Dragon Jesus: The Ten Origin Beasts are said to have created the universe along with its various realms of reality and all eight elements and have said to have "faded away" a long time ago.
- Dark Is Not Evil: A prominent theme, although the majority of the Nachzehrer Empire is the opposite. The kingdom of Shadowrian (and its guardian) are played straight, however.
- Dark Is Evil: Just like the above, there are also things that not only look evil but are evil.
- Elemental Powers: The whole story is governed by eight elements, with special subcategories/techniques—
- Null - Non-Elemental and Pure Energy. Also mixed in with some Sound, Art and miscellaneous properties. Subcatergories consist of having the possibility to being able to control the other elements (Pathway) and is responsible for letting people mix with the weapon they have the most sentimental value to. (Weapon Synthesis)
- Light - Holy Hand Grenade, The Power of the Sun and Hard Light respectiveably. Subcatergories consist of being able to purge evil spirits / corruption (Purification) and resistance to possession or any other sort of control over your body. (Clarity)
- Dark - Casting a Shadow and Necromancy, specifically. Subcategories consist of being able to see enemy weak points (Spiral) and being able to see the enviroment around you when vision can't do the job. (Presence)
- Luna - Lunacy and Hard Light (except purple), and is described as the combination of Light and Dark. Subcategories consist of control over time, barriers and healing, along with being able to remove your body parts and control them (Limb Liberation) and control other people through puppetry (Dead Man's Dance)
- Earth - Dishing Out Dirt and Green Thumb at the same time. Its only subcategory consists of what could be the most broken skill out of all the elements, which is using raw Earth power to break through enemy defenses. (Breaker)
- Flame - Playing with Fire. Its subcategories consist of being able to touch or even dive into (in the case of lava) superheated sources without any negative effects other than risk of permanently becoming a magma creature (Infinite Degree) and being able to make your fire stronger, as shown by its ascendance into hotter shades of colors. (Pyrokinetics)
- Frost - An Ice Person and Making a Splash respectiveably, due to it mixing together Ice and Water. Subcategories consist of being able to breathe underwater (Aquatics) and being able to turn water into ice and vice-versa. (Hydro-Puppetry)
- Cloud - Blow You Away and Shock and Awe, thanks to it being a mixture of Wind and Lightning. Subcategories consist of being able to fly (Aviary), the basis of high speed techniques (Wind Slicer), and being able to use your power to help recharge energy sources. (Generator)
- Evil Counterpart: Subverted in the case of the Deathmoon Family, which are just as good as the Lunardream Family.
- Evil Feels Good: A lot of the villains enjoy being as they are. There are many exceptions, who usually outweigh the latter.
- Face-Heel Turn: At various points.
- Meleeatrois: Black Blood Crusades - The Crimson Crusaders vs Rogue survivors vs the Nachzehrer empire vs Icharna Soul allied with corrupt church members
- Power Levels: Established to show off the relative strength of the characters -
- Levels 1 - 100 = Normal human beings and the like. This is what the majority of Earth is like, along with other weaker species across the universe. Their technology usually compensates for being weaker physically and magically.
- Levels 101 - 600 = The average strength of Divixeans, usually due to enhanced technology, elemental influence and overall better abilities. This also applies to creatures that live on the planet and the other alien species spread throughout the universe.
- Levels 600 - 2000 = Practically the levels where any spiritual being such as angels, demons and monsters such as the Nachzehrer lie in, along with other examples. Thanks to strengthened Life Cores, they genereally have stronger abilities than mortals. Beings at the extreme ends of these levels are capable of destroying the planet among various other incredible feats.
- Levels 2001 - 4000 = Demigod levels. Practically the highest levels a spiritual being could ever reach, it is reserved for Demon Overlords, Seraphims and other such powerful entities. Beings at this level can tear through planets with ease and are ridiculously powerful.
- Levels 4001 - 9999 = God levels. When anything gets this high, nothing can rival them. This is the level where entities can shift reality and bend the cosmos to their will - and it's very, very specific, as becoming a god is practically impossible - there is no real way to do so.
- Super Mode: Generally speaking, various characters can tap into their inner strength to invoke a super-mode of sorts. However, there are specific abilities such as Aufstieg or Renovamen that allow characters of a specific species to invoke super-mode as well.
- Transformation Trinket: Some characters obtain outside help to transform - for example, weaker members of the Nachzehrer are given objects called Ascendence Charms that allow them to go Aufstieg.
- X Meets Y: For the Black Blood Crusades - Zombie Apocalypse mixed in with War Tropes and Puella Magi Madoka Magica.
- World of Badass
- World of Action Girls