Sophie Turner (born 21 February 1996) is an English actress best known for playing Sansa Stark on the HBO series Game of Thrones
- Dawson Casting: Averted, although it looks like it's played straight. When the pilot for Game Of Thrones was shot, Sophie was thirteen, and her character, according to the producers, was thirteen or fourteen. It's not entirely clear how much time has passed on the show, but she's at most a year or two older than Sansa.
- Dyeing For Your Art: Sophie is naturally blonde and had to dye her hair to play Sansa, who is a Red-Headed Heroine.
- English Rose
- Heterosexual Life Partners: She's close friends with Maisie Williams, who portrays her sister Arya Stark on Game Of Thrones. This is Hilarious in Hindsight, considering the strained relationship between the Stark sisters (in both the books and the shows).
- Lady in Red: At her prom.◊
- Mama Bear: She's very protective of her co-star Jack Gleeson, who portrays Joffrey Baratheon on Game Of Thrones but is actually a Nice Guy in real life. He gets into a lot of trouble off-set because of the widely hated, vile character he plays. She praises and defends him during interviews and has said that she wishes she could be his bodyguard, to protect him from psycho Joffrey-haters who can't tell the difference between an actor and a fictional character.
- Name's the Same: The other Sophie Turner is a much older Australian model.
- Nice Girl
- Oh Crap! There Are Fanfics of Us...: Behold, her interview with Access Hollywood.
Have you seen the things people put on the internet – they did it to Gendry and Arya. There’s a whole group of fans obsessed with Sandor and Sansa. They gave them a supercouple style combination name
Sophie: Yeah! I’ve had a lot of Tweets about that – ‘Oh, what’s happening with ‘San-San’?’ And I didn’t know what it was, so I Googled it, and up pops all these kind of forums and things and I’m like, ‘What is this?’ I think I’m kind of aware of the massive amount of fans that want something to happen between Sansa and Sandor.
- Sophie's actually a fan of the pairing, if not an actual shipper.
- She Really Can Act: Her portrayal of Sansa Stark has gotten widespread raving reviews.
- Statuesque Stunner: She's sixteen and already quite tall at 5 foot 9.
- What Beautiful Eyes