Shia Saide LaBeouf is an American actor, born in Los Angeles
, California on June 11, 1986. LaBeouf got his start on the Disney Channel
sitcom Even Stevens
before starring in the Disney movie Holes
and becoming a cinema actor. He's become a somewhat polarizing figure due to his rapid career incline being part of the older than him
franchises in Transformers
and Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull
, but his more dramatic films have won him praise for his acting ability.
LaBeouf is a fan of rapper Cage
, and developed a friendship with the rapper as a result of wanting to portray him in a film biography; although the film has yet to be produced, LaBeouf has directed two things featuring Cage, including a music video for Cage's single "I Never Knew You", and the short film Maniac
, featuring Cage and Kid Cudi as a pair of serial killers (it's loosely based on a song Kid Cudi did with Cage, off of Cudi's album Man on the Moon II: The Legend of Mr. Rager
). In addition to this, he is friends with Marilyn Manson
and was the co-writer and director of his Born Villain trailer
(which is actually set to Overneath The Path of Misery), which perhaps redefines Mind Screw
He is a frequent user of the Rapid Fire No
. Also known for being a cannibal
His works include:
Tropes associated with Shia LaBeouf :
- Meaningful Name/Punny Name: His first name Shia is Hebrew for "Gift from god" and his last name LaBeouf is French for "The Beef". LaBeouf has thus joked that his name literally means "Thank God for beef."
- Method Acting: Actually took acid for his role in The Necessary Death of Charlie Countryman not as research but actually while filming.
- Said he would actually have sex if required in The Nymfomaniac, though director Lars von Trier opted to use "sex doubles" with the actors heads digitally pasted on the doubles body.
- Money, Dear Boy: He made this apparent that this was his views of the Transformers Franchise after Revenge Of The Fallen. While he had a more positive opinion on Dark of the Moon, he still blasted Hollywood Blockbusters as a whole.
- Rapid Fire No
- Tom Hanks Syndrome: Was discovered telling dirty jokes and was cast in Even Stevens in a comedic role. After that he did more dramatic roles.