"''A cult for the elder gods has warped reality, dimensions blending and ripped apart-some have ended up in an empty city, with empty souls and fog-laden streets. What is Basingsport? Could their foul rituals have been answered?"
A brand-spanking new forum-based Roleplaying Game
heavily inspired by the Cthulhu Mythos
and also Silent Hill
and The World of Darkness
, run by a couple. The premise is that a cult wanted to become a part of their god
so they used a ritual to do so-it backfired
. Now people from different worlds are brought to a city apparently in New England, some bringing their homes with them.
They aren't the only things there- faceless 'people'
that seem to neither be alive or dead are there... and possibly others.
So far, mostly the cast consists of a lot of young teenagers
, the oldest of those having spent about half of her life in an insane asylum. The adults are Death of the Endless
and a light-based mage
from League of Legends
. Oh and the cult.
Some unique features include The Corruption
mechanic-go far enough, the character will become unplayable. Another is how abilities can be leveled.
- Action Girl: Most of them.
- Age-Appropriate Angst: Averted.
- Alternate Timeline: Danny Phantom escaped one. Him and Valerie are trying to make one. Trying not to cancel out Dani is an issue.
- The Artful Dodger: Jana Snitch and Dani-for tragic reasons.
- Badass Normal: Xanatos. Need I say more?
- The Bartender: He's a voiceless faceless mook with every beverage imaginable available.
- Battle Couple: Valerie and Danny are an example. Robin and Sophia are not.
- Beware the Nice Ones: Sophia is a Shrinking Violet who is empathic... and a living Emotion Bomb.
- Big Eater: Dani, if canon is anything to go by.
- Black Magician Girl: In spite of being a light-based mage, Luxanna's powers are offensive and her cute demeanor and being an excellent tactician make her this trope zigzagged.
- Cloning Blues: Dani meets a Danny from before she was made.
- Creepy Child: Two players can opt for one. It's the only way to have one with a dash of Horror Hunger.
- Dare to Be Badass: How Jana became a cyborg.
- Defector from Decadence: Sophia and Dani, pretty much. Sophia's a regular princess while Dani is a deconstruction of a Mafia Princess.
- Disappeared Dad: Tends to be common-Jana never knew hers, the less said about Dani's "father" the better, Robin's, Sophia's... Dysfunction Junction, anyone?
- Eldritch Abomination: The creation of Basingsport has something to do with one-how much is just the cult's Epic Fail is currently unknown.
- Emotion Eater / Emotion Bomb: Sophia.
- Expy: Sophia is one for a Canon Defilement version of Psyche-one based on a particular kind of character defilement.
- Fair Folk: Robin and Sophia of the classic kind. They're nice, though.
- Fish Out of Temporal Water: Boy are they ever.
- God Is Evil: Well, what seems like one, anyway. Near enough as nevermind.
- Gone Horribly Wrong: Possibly.
- Half-Human Hybrid: Sophia, sort of. Her mom was, anyway.
- Infant Immortality: Uh, no.
- Lovecraft Country: Ooooh, yeah.
- Our Souls Are Different: Seemingly. The little note on pregnancy is absolutely horrific. You monster... try not to think too hard about what happens to that 'empty'.
- Perky Goth: Death, who is the Ur Example.
- Raised by Grandparents: Unfortunately, Sophia's grandmother was not a nice person.
- Royally Screwed Up: Sophia's family with the exemption of her mother. Luckily it's not In the Blood.
- Shout-Out: To Lovecraft (Duh), The World of Darkness, Silent Hill and Gunnerkrigg Court. On the other hand... Oh Crap.
- Squishy Wizard: Sophia and Robin. They've got magic but both have been locked in an insane asylum for years, hence their physical states are not so good.
- Teenage Wasteland: A shocking amount of people torn away from their hands are very young-and many of them abandoned or orphaned.
- Timey-Wimey Ball: Danny, Valerie and Dani are all from various points in their canon-Danny during their Wham Episode, Valerie after her break up with Danny and Dani is post-series. They figure time travel, but is it?