Shadow Crystal Mage
- Let's see if THIS fic can get into TV Tropes…
This Author provides examples of:
- A God Am I: Freely admits that he, at times, goes mad with his perceived power. The fact that his fans have deified him helps...
- Author Appeal: Crossovers and getting onto TV Tropes.
- Badass Adorable: Seeing as he writes for Negima! and Lyrical Nanoha, of course it's going to happen.
- Now that he's writing an entire story dedicated to that crossover, this trope is Up to Eleven.
- Badass Boast: Harry from Uzumaki Harry has one."You think I'm scared of you, you overgrown luggage set!" Harry cried, standing in the middle of the scorched circle of ground the dragon's fire had made, his voice ringing across the stands. "I'm HARRY POTTER, BITCH! I killed my first unholy force of evil when I was ONE! YEAR! OLD! WITHOUT A WAND! I've been working in the porn industry SINCE BEFORE I KNEW I COULD WRITE! I've been supporting my little brothers since the orphanage threw us out for being too awesome when I was five! I do more insane things before dawn than both Weasley twins will ever pull off during their lifespan! Slytherin's fucking BASILISK couldn't kill me when it actually managed to get one of its fangs INTO MY ELBOW! I'm building a harem and so far no one's tried to stop me, even though they know I'm doing it! And now, I HAVE MY BOOMSTICK BACK! This isn't a counter attack, suitcase! Ever since the last time someone I loved was taken away from me, I've never stopped! My whole LIFE since then has been a counter attack! You? You're not even a choice flag event in the eroge of my life!"
- Blatant Lies: Evangeline talking about how evil she is in the Dresden Files/Negima crossover. Chachamaru says that she's going through a midlife crisis.
- Chick Magnet: Negi, even more so in the Dresden Files/Negima Crossover Fic. He's able charm an entire room full of White Court Succubi into fawning over him without even thinking of seducing him.
- Crack Fic: Par for the course. Though they are (somewhat) serious. (Meaning, they actually tell a plot and are not just to be funny.)
- Creator Backlash: His most recent chapter of Overlords and Overkill is VERY light on the crack, and heavy on the plot and fighting. His reason is because, after reading reviews from other stories, he is getting tired of people thinking he can only do crack.
- Crossover: With a lot but usually with Negima!, Dresden Files, Ranma, Lyrical Nanoha, Harry Potter, Naruto and Fate/kaleid liner PRISMA☆ILLYA. The Sandman used to show up all the time, but not as much anymore. Death still makes regular appearances, usually in the company of Death.
- Defeat Means Friendship: Up to Eleven when it comes to Nanoha in his latest story Overlords and Overkill. It reaches the point where simply YELLING at Negi's students triggers flashbacks to previous times she's "befriended" someone.
- Follow the Leader: Mage's most recent story, Overlords and Overkill spawned two other stories: Equal And Opposite Attraction by Zephyr Fiction, and Hirari by Shaun Garin. Justified because the three authors swap notes on their fics, and Subverted because both of them are good in their own way.
- Fridge Logic: Used in universe in Thirty Xanatos Pile-up where, spoiled for Fate/stay night, Archer is trying to figure out how the hell he came to exist, since the story's version of Fate/stay night had a happy ending.
- Gambit Pileup: Name and basic plot of his new story whose purpose is to get him onto TV Tropes. Also it counts as a Mega Crossover.
- Gambit Roulette: Used in that there was a series of events so unbelievable that the narrator doesn't even bother to describe it. (See Noodle Incident below)
- Gatling Good: Akane is a Kampfer in Thirty Xanatos Pile-up and uses a M61 Vulcan as a weapon. (Think The Heavy's Gun but for a fighter jet.)
- Genre Savvy: Most characters tend to display shades of this.Clark Kent went on vacations– sometimes– but he'd quickly realized that unless the vacation was to Smallville so he could be with his parents and see childhood friends, it was almost guaranteed that eventually it would include a job for Superman.Still, he was never if not hopeful, so some times, when he felt particularly daredevil-ish, he'd file for some time off and take a vacation. It never ended well, but at least this time he knew how it would end. He kept a small collection of souvenirs, such as terrorist bullets, fangs, and other little mementoes of things that had tried to ruin his day.
- Hilarity Ensues: Used all the time.
- Let's Get Dangerous: Used by name again in Thirty Xanatos Pile-up.
- Also used by Harry in Uzumaki Harry during the First Task.
- Loads and Loads of Characters: Almost every Fic written will at some point turn into a Mega Crossover, often with Stories that already qualify for this trope. Reading may require a Map.
- Or even it's own Wiki!
- Martial Arts and Crafts: Used by name (again) in Thirty Xanatos Pile-up. This time it's Dodgeball ninjutsu. It (arguably) justifiable in that it's a Mega Crossover with Ranma as a major part.
- Noodle Incident: Used by name to describe a fight over what noodles are better in Thirty Xanatos Pile-up.
It is an event of such a ridiculous number of contrived coincidences that result in a Rude-Goldberg-esque sequence of events that describing it would render it completely unbelievable. Especially the chain involving the platypus, the Russian satellite, and the vat of yogurt.
- Also used as a trope to explain a Gambit Roulette.
"There will be vengeance, dobe! It will involve fire! And chainsaws, if I can score any! And dogs on motorcycles!" Sasuke continued to threaten.
- Also in Uzimaki Harry
- Only Sane Man: He actually created a snippet in a oneshot where this applies to The Joker.
- Person as Verb: 'To Dresden' is to burn down a building all by yourself without apparently meaning to. 'To Dresden up'' is 'to burn down a building all by yourself with disastrous political results.
- Sanity Slippage: In Uzumaki Harry Sirius says that he read the entire Necronomicron. He says it has a good plot and has rendered him immune to Twilight
- Note: Everyone else in the room, uppon hearing that, started to slowly inch away from him.
- Serial Escalation: He's trying to do this with the current fic by fitting as many tropes as possible in Thirty Xanatos Pileup.
- How many tropes can he cram into any piece of writing? How much Crackier can his stories get while still having a sensible (for a given value of sensible) plot? How Badass can Tomoyo get?
- Take That: He put Meyeresque, Eldritch and Lovecraftian in same position. On the second thought, he didn't put Meyeresque on Nyarko-san description.
- There Was a Door: In the shorter fic Death and the Uchiha, Itachi does this. Except it's really more like 'there was a path to Konoha that did not go straight through that tree'.
- This Is for Emphasis, Bitch!: See Badass Boast above.
- Trade Snark: The Collective Sasuke Fangirls of Konoha™.
- Trope Overdosed: Done on purpose in his new story to get on TV Tropes. Have you noticed a little theme here? It WORKS!
- Vapor Wear: Used by name again in Thirty Xanatos Pile-up Chapter 2.
Hastily-made guestbook posts go here:Nitramy: The trick to writing Crack Fic well is to straddle the line between the mundane and the insane. For the quintessential example, may I present to you The Naked Gun. also, 'sup kabayan? XD
- Ah, The Naked Gun. Good times. Rest In Piece Shirley, er, Leslie.-SCM
kay4today: The Queen of Yuri humbles you with her presence. And she sneers at you most gracefully!
BluBeriPi: The Lord of Potatoes humbly acknowledges your greatness, and brings a request! As the Overlord of ALL CRACK, we at the Mega-Crack Ultra-Crossover Game would be ever so grateful if we might gain an official seal of approval for our crackiness.