->''"Our prime purpose in this life is to help others. And if you can't help them, at least don't hurt them."''
-->--'''Dalai Lama XIV'''
Generosity is ultimately a hero's greatest virtue. It means putting others first and putting themselves last. They are so dedicated for others that they would sacrifice themselves just to let them live. Here's an index of generosity.
Contrast SelfishnessTropes. Compare ResponsibilityTropes if selflessness is an obligation.
* ActOfTrueLove (an act of sacrifice or high risk made for a loved one's benefit)
* BreakHisHeartToSaveHim (if the emphasis is on "to save him")
* ChaoticGood (if the emphasis is on "Good")
* TheFourLoves (the "agape" part)
* YouShallNotPass (done so a friend, family member, or [[LoveInterest loved one]] can escape)