is a free-to-play
MMORPG from South Korea developed by Grigon Entertainment, which also developed FusionFall
, and is mostly published by YNK Interactive. It was releashed way back in 2003 for Korea, then releashed in other regions. It was originally going to be releashed in the United States in 2005 but the website was shut down without notice
. 2 years later, it came back
to the USA sucessfully. The game got rebooted on 2010 to clear every user data for the Eternal Destiny update, usually making veterans fustrated. The game was once again in a major update on June 2013, as Blades of Destiny
. You can download it here
The name of the game probably comes from a wizardry performed in the game's backstory used against the Balies. The game is a typical point-and-click MMORPG game set in the land of Shiltz featuring eight classes in which players must defeat the Bales
, monsters created by Balie's magic. The game has a combo system usually used by melee classes by using the A, S, and D keys.
This game provides examples of:
- Anachronism Stew: The game is in a medieval fantasy setting, but some enemies bear objects beyond that period like machine guns, electric guitars, drills, and much more...
- An Adventurer Is You
- Baleful Polymorph: Literally, since Eternal Destiny, the player can turn into a bale by potion.
- Big Bad: Balie started the existence of all monsters in the game.
- "Blind Idiot" Translation: There are several translation mistakes in the dialogue.
- Cool Pet: The game has an extensive pet system that includes a dragon, a monarch chicken, and even a Valkyrie.
- Critical Hit: Possible to perform it and if the monster does it, it will speak.
- Cute Is Evil: About everything cutesy-looking in this game (Except pets and most NPCs) is at least an enemy.
- Dude Looks Like a Lady: The bale Mr. Catfish wears lipstick and slippers despite being male.
- Enemy Chatter: Bales can talk, like when they perform a critical hit.
- Exorcist Head: The White Rose pet and its recolored variant can do this, while spinning its head on the neck.
- Great Offscreen War: The war between the Elims and Balies that lasted for 7,000 days in the Genesis of Shiltz.
- Killer Rabbit: The Rascal Rabbit is a literal one but is not that dangerous when the player is at least around in its level.
- Guide Dang It: The main quests can be difficult to progress without a guide.
- Level Grinding: The game has this like other MMORPG's.
- Mama Bear: Literally. Mama Bears are Bales.
- Mascot Mook: Rascal Rabbit but moreso piyas.
- Mix-and-Match Critters: There are pigs with bat wings.
- Organ Drops: You can get organs from certain enemies like bear galls, eyeballs and teeth.
- Our Monsters Are Different: The monsters are called Bales, which is named after the in-game lore deity Sakiel Balie.
- Palette Swap: Several enemies and since Eternal Destiny, all pets have recolored counterparts, with different stat distributions.
- Ridiculously Cute Critter: Many of the pets! Just◊ look◊ at the pet evolution charts!
- Scenery Porn
- Something about a Rose: The Rose pet and her evolution the White Rose, with the latter said to have a nobilty preceding the Rose of Versailles. Also the rose item, an item obtained that is one of the most soughted pet food in the game.
- Sunny Sunflower Disposition: The sunflower pets and their palette swaps.
- Twenty Bear Asses: Almost all quests are this.
- Video Game Cruelty Potential: Should the player not feed or play their pet, it will die or run away.
- Wolverine Claws: The accessory Murderer's Claws, which looked like that the player gain bloody claws if equipped.