School Club Stories
Stories set in school, revolving around a club. Most of the main cast will be members of the club, while the story chronicles their daily lives and club activities. Common in Japanese Media and weekly TV shows.
Anime & Manga
Anime & Manga
- Boku wa Tomodachi ga Sukunai revolves around the Neighbours' Club, made for people who don't have friends.
- Cosplay Complex is about East Oizumi Academy's quirky cosplay club.
- D-Frag! is about a Game Development Club.
- Ebiten is about a boy who accidentally joins an otaku club for girls after thinking it was the astronomy club due to a spelling mistake.
- Free! is about the Iwatobi Swimming Club.
- Gakkou Gurashi is about The School Life Club, and how they try to live through a Zombie Apocalypse while being technically trapped in their school.
- Genshiken revolves around The Society for the Study of the Modern Visual Culture, a club for otaku created by a group of college students.
- Hanayamata: Having to deal with their own troubles, heroines are one by one swept off their feet towards the dream a transfer stundent has, to perform group dance Yosakoi together with friends.
- Haruhi Suzumiya revolves around a girl creating her after school club called the SOS Brigade, which tries to discover anything supernatural.
- Hikaru no Go largely focuses on the Go Club that Hikaru joins.
- Hitohira focuses on two rival clubs, the Drama Club and the Drama Research Society. The school the clubs are in is uncomfortable with overlap, and the two must compete to stay official.
- Hyouka: The Classics club is what brings the main characters together.
- Kokoro Connect is about the Cultural Research Club.
- K-On! is about the Sakuragaoka High School Light Music Club.
- Magic User's Club is about a club of magic users in high school.
- Moon Boy revolves around an earth rabbit girl joining a club to fight evil foxes.
- In Nurarihyon No Mago, most of the protagonist's friends are members of the Kiyojūji Paranormal Investigation Squad, a student club organized to investigate youkai.
- Ouran High School Host Club - the school's Host Club — a group of idle rich boys who entertain female clients.
- Saki and its spinoff Saki Achiga-hen revolve around a Mahjong club.
- Sasami Magical Girls Club is about a girl who joins a cooking club which is actually a front for a Magical Girls club.
- The Secret Recipe is about a cooking club.
- Sket Dance is about the Student Support Group, or more commonly known as the Sket-Dan, and their hilarious interactions with their weird clients.
- Sketchbook is about an art club.
- Sora No Manimani focuses on an astronomy club.
- Yuritetsu is about a railway club - consisting of four high school girls: Hakutsuru Tsurumi who likes riding trains, Mamiko Noto who likes photographing trains, Maron Ishizuka who likes railway station bento, and chairman Hatsune Hino who just enjoys her friendship with the others.
- Yuru-Yuri is about a group of girls forming a Amusement club after the Tea Ceremony club disbands.
- Yuyushiki focuses on the girls of the Data Processing club.
- Yuuki Yuuna wa Yuusha de aru is about the Hero Club, who also serve as Magical Girl Warrior's.
- High School Musical revolves around the musical Drama Club and how it comes to include characters from the Science Club and the basketball team, altering the school's status quo.
- My Dark And Fearsome Queen also features a high school drama club, though this is one that fights evil. Or is evil. YMMV.
- Black Hole High is about the five members of the Science Club.
- Community focuses on a community college study group.
- Glee revolves around the school's Glee Club where they sing and dance to pop songs.
- Paranatural - focuses on the (Paranatural) Activity Club, with bonus antagonism from members of the Journalism Club.