Sarah Bolger, born 28 February 1991, is an Irish actress best known for her role as Princess Mary in The Tudors
This actress provides examples of:
- Ability over Appearance: Christy from In America was written to be a preteen girl. However (see The Pete Best) Jim Sheridan cast Sarah who was ten at the time. This did give us a weird line from Christy's narration about the baby being conceived. Sure a thirteen-year-old knowing about conception is natural - but a ten-year-old?
- Action Girl: As Mallory in The Spiderwick Chronicles.
- Everything's Better with Princesses: She's played princesses in both The Tudors and Once Upon A Time.
- Fake American: In The Spiderwick Chronicles.
- Fake Brit: In The Tudors and Stormbreaker.
- Jail Bait Wait: She commented in an interview after she turned eighteen that it was odd how immediately reporters starting asking her questions about sex.
- Of Corsets Sexy: In both the Tudors and Once Upon A Time.
- The Pete Best: It was her sister Emma that auditioned for In America. Sarah had no intention of auditioning at all. Emma however insisted that Jim Sheridan meet her sister. Sheridan immediately cast Sarah after meeting her.
- Real-Life Relative: She and her sister Emma played sisters Christy and Ariel in In America.