Saerom (Or Sae Rom, as they're been alternatively credited as) is a South Korean
company founded in 1987 and got its start at animating mostly American shows. They're probably known for very deranged animation
in their works.
, Rough Draft Studios
, Dong Woo Animation
, Hanho Heung-Up
, DR Movie
, Sunwoo Entertainment
and Digital eMation
, eight other major South Korean studios. Also compare Hong Ying
, a Chinese studio, also known for exporting crazy cartoons.
Shows that Saerom has animated include (works sent off to former subsidiary Saerom Plus One, now known as Plus One Animation, under contract marked with *):
- Adventure Time
- Adventures of Sonic the Hedgehog (With Hong Ying, Rainbow Animation and TMS Entertainment)
- The Avengers: United They Stand
- Captain N: The Game Master (3rd Season)*
- Dora the Explorer
- FernGully: The Last Rainforest (along with Wang Film Productions, Rough Draft, Hanho, A. Film, Available Light Productions and Luk-Film; among others)
- For Better or for Worse (One animated special; In-Between Animation and Opaquing)
- Hey Arnold! (Season 2 onward)
- The Incrediblehulk
- Johnny Bravo (Season 5)
- The Marvelous Misadventures of Flapjack
- My Gym Partner's a Monkey
- NASCAR Racers (season 1)
- Ni Hao, Kai-Lan (Intro and several episodes, with Wang)
- Oh Yeah! Cartoons (depending on the short; With Rough Draft, Plus One, Tama Productions & Yeson Entertainment)
- Party Wagon
- Regular Show
- The Real Ghostbusters (With Wang, Koko Enterprises, TMS Entertainment, Sei Young, Dai Won, KK C&D Asia, Toei Animation, Studio Korumi, Hanho, Visual 80 and Trans Arts)*
- Sam & Max: Freelance Police
- Scooby-Doo! Mystery Incorporated (alongside Dong Woo Animation and Lotto Animation)
- The Smurfs (Later seasons with Wang, Toei, Dai Won, Hong Ying and Fil-Cartoons, uncredited)
- Stunt Dawgs
- The Twisted Tales of Felix the Cat
- What-a-Mess (animated adaption)
Uncredited: (see their website for proof)
Tropes associated with Saerom:
- Animation Bump: Present in many shows (especially the deranged ones).
- Deranged Animation: Extremely evident, but Adventure Time, Flapjack, The Twisted Tales Of Felix The Cat, and Adventures of Sonic The Hedgehog especially.
- Limited Animation: Visible in many of their action shows and adds to their already disturbing animation of the others.
- Medium Blending: NASCAR Racers
- Off Model: Both intentionally and unintentionally. Of course, the less said about the Battletoads pilot, the better.