SBB Brothers is the name of two YouTube
users who create Big Brother
, using The Sims 2
as a format. (Mostly due to the format and ease of use) The Sims Big Brother Brothers
are both called Sims Reality Network and Simmer126, and they create Sims Big Brother and Big Brother Sim Edition, respectively.
While the shows both are based off of ''Big Brother
', they do have differing formats:Sims Big Brother
While the rules have
changed depending on the seasons, the main set of rules is a combination of the formats used around the world. In all seasons, there exist Head of Household competitions, and the head of household nominates people for eviction. Depending on the season; the public either votes for which person to evict, or the houseguests vote to evict them. In seasons five and six, the houseguests also had a luxury task to win tokens and unlock luxuries around the house. In season two, there was a task but there were no tokens. Season two also featured a veto competition that was later changed to a random draw. other common twists in this edition are Double Eliminations; however they were changed to back-to-back eliminations in season six due to controversy in the fifth season. Back-to-Back eliminations are several houseguests are put up for eviction at once, and the one who receives the least
amount of eviction votes isn't eliminated.
Season seven, as part of the "All stars" twist, went back to the "original format" used for seasons one to three, but also used the veto competition. However, in the end, the public decided who the winner was.
Twists to this game were:Season One
: None Season Three
: Secret Sisters Season Four
: The House Next Door Season Two
: Generationsnote Season Five
: The Season of Lies Season Six
: Big Brother Goes Evil Season seven
: The Summer of Pairs Big Brother Sim Edition
This season follows the American version of the game most closely. In Sim Edition
, houseguests vote to evict one of the two nominees, placed up by the head of household. In all seasons, the public has not had much input over the game because it was not designed around Audience Participation
. However; there was a big exception in season three, in which the public voted for the winner instead of a jury of previously-evicted houseguests. Outside of a few instances, there are not many differences between this version and the American version of Big Brother
, or the early seasons of Sims Big Brother
. However; twists factor more into this edition of the game.
Twists to Big Brother Sim Edition
: Disappearing House items and Triple elimination Season two
: The Termination room and Vacation Locationnote Season three
: Hidden Immunity Idol Season four
: The Marked Houseguestnote
Originally, Sims Reality Network had intended to have several more reality shows; one based off of Solitary
, and another based off of The Real World
, but unfortunately they were canceled. Simmer126 also had two seasons of Sim Edition
before rebooting it in 2008, a third one was canceled mid-season, too.
Both shows, being produced by one person each, have been subject to production errors
. There have been issues surrounding both users' computers, causing episodes to be lost. (The house for Sims Big Brother 4
, for example, had to be rebuilt several times, and the last episodes of Big Brother Sim Edition season 3
were lost in one such accident.) The two recently announced that the current seasons will be the final ones, Simmer126 has quit and closed his channel and Sims Reality Network has announced he will quit as well. The current seasons were canceled; and the outcome was revealed. However, Sims Reality Network has decided to start season 7 again.
As per the Wiki Rule
, there exists one here
.Sims Big Brother
can be viewed here
. Sim Edition was unfortunately canceled.
These shows provide examples of the following:
- A House Divided: Alliances have done this several times.
- All There in the Manual: Several rule changes were not actually defined in-game. Not to mention; the story behind what happened to Seasons one and three for Sims Big Brother.
- The final two episodes of Big Brother Sim Edition Season Three were lost and not remade.
- Ambiguously Brown: Jafari and Jessica from Sims Big Brother 7.
- Audience Participation: Obviously the evictions are public. Season 7 (All-stars) allowed people to vote on their favourites, while the retooled (For the second time) season 7 allowed the public to vote on a dynamic duo to return to the game.
- Back from the Dead: Spencer in Sims Big Brother Season 6 earned a chance to return to the game due to Gary's Non-Gameplay Elimination
- Badass Grandma: Ada and to some extent, Mariam in Sim Edition, both managed to hold their own in the games.
- Beach Episode: Sometimes.
- Beware the Nice Ones: The mothers in Sims Big Brother Season 6.
- Butt Monkey: Pepper in Sim Edition 2.
- Dora in Sims Big Brother Season 2 due to losing the Solitary style-challenge.
- Celebrity Edition: Sims Big Brother Season 7.
- Character Development: Keri in Sims Big Brother 6 started off very emotional. Granted, she was still emotional throughout the game, but in the early episodes, she cries almost over everything. There are other examples; but this is perhaps the most drastic. (And arguably the reason she had a chance at winning first place.)
- Complaining about Complaining: A moment from ''Sims Big Brother 5 provides a page quote:
McKenzie: "And now you're complaining about me complaining!"
Griffin: "You just complained about me complaining about you complaining."
- Crouching Moron, Hidden Badass: The Mothers.
- Diabolus Ex Machina: The triple elimination in Sim Edition Season 1 eliminated someone in a competition. The Termination Room in the second season of Sim Edition essentially meant that someone had to leave the game.
- Didnt See That One Coming: Blindsides; as well as Latonya in Season 6 when she was eliminated.
- The Ditz: Common.
- Ditzy Genius: A moment in Season 6 when Allison finished a montage of stupid questions with a college-level description of the Endoplasmic Reticulum.
- The Dog Bites Back: Like with a lot of games about Alliances; people on the outs/previously targeted for eviction often win Head of Household and get revenge.
- Flanderization: In Sim Edition, Jill became more or less the mean girl. In Sims Big Brother, George became the mean guy, and Monica became the mean girl. (Though granted, she actually was better written than George. In her exit interview, she states that she wasn't fond of women due to a Freudian Excuse, and if one notices, she was actually a bit more vicious to the women than she was to the men...except for Trey).
- Foe Yay: Everyone and Pepper in Sim Edition Season 2, Lakeisha in Sim Edition 1, Griffin&Santana and Evan&Madison in Sims Big Brother season 5. Monica could be this way in Sims Big Brother 6. Nadia also acted like this towards Trey in Sims Big Brother Season 7.
- Genre Savvy: Most people who are shown in the show at least know a thing or two about the game. Justified given that the people making the show are big-time fans.
- Girl Posse: The Soul Sistas
- Good Is Not Dumb: Many of the designated good characters aren't. But then again though, some of the villains aren't dumb either.
- Hot-Blooded: A DUH.
- Idiot Ball: Yes Evan; drop out of the endurance competition...and give it to the person who was going after you the previous week. Great idea.
- However Griffin actually did show intents of keeping that bargain, for at least one week.
- I'm Not Here to Make Friends: Evan isn't there to make friends in Sims Big Brother all Stars, he's there to stir the pot.
- Intergenerational Friendship: Griffin and Darby in Sims Big Brother 5. Darby actually says that Griffin's old enough to be her father.
- Jerk Ass: George, Griffin, and Monica from Sims Big Brother and Jill from Sim Edition. However; a lot of players of Sim Edition come off as this way.
- Limited Wardrobe: It's The Sims, so it's justified.
- The Load: Greg in Sims Big Brother 2. Lampshaded by both in All stars.
- Loads and Loads of Characters: It's easy to forget; especially in Sims big Brother 4 which has twenty players.
- My Greatest Second Chance: Most players in Sims Big Brother All Stars. It turned out to be their greatest second chance for Duncan, Greg, and Dana. Especially for Kristin. Averted with some others like Trey, Johnny, Griffin, Evan, Santana...
- Naked People Are Funny: Ada liked to take a spongebath in the kitchen sink in Big Brother Sim Edition.
- However; averted with Sims big Brother, in which, whenever the showers are in a rather open area, the players are told to shower in their bathing suits.
- No Damage Run: In Sims Big Brother, Sam and Keri made it to the finales without being nominated. Amy Wu in Sim Edition won without being nominated.
- Non-Gameplay Elimination: Melissa and Scarlett quit in Sim Edition, Gary was evacuated in Sims Big Brother 6. Johnny left for a week, but came back in season four.
- Obfuscating Stupidity: Alison in Sims Big Brother 6 wasn't as stupid as she appeared. (ie, misspelling "Apple") If anything, she was like a disturbing precursor to Fabio. Both pretended to be much dumber than they actually were, but weren't secret geniuses.
- Obvious Rule Patch: Fast-Forward Elimination in Sims Big Brother was changed to Back-to-back elimination after Pamela's elimination lead to a lot of controversy.
- Odd Friendship: Monica, who clearly didn't screw around, and Ryan, who really did a lot of funny stuff.
- Dustin and Ada in Sim Edition, Mariam and Jill, too.
- Oddly Named Sequel: Due to chronological confusions; Season two of Sims Big Brother is put in between Seasons four and five.
- Once a Season: In the early seasons, Dollhouse smashing in Sims Big Brother. It's assumed that the vacation location will become once a season in Sim Edition.
- Orphaned Series: Sim Edition.
- Out-of-Character Moment: Griffin actually intending to honor the deal with Evan.
- Out of Focus: Possibly why Yvette finished in third in Sims Big Brother 6.
- Kimberly in Sims Big Brother 5 was probably voted out for this very reason.
- Playing Both Sides: Logan in Sims Big Brother 5. (Helped that he was also The Liar, too.)
- Previously On: Sometimes
- Promoted fans: Some contestants in Sims Big Brother 2 were fans.
- Reality Show Genre Blindness: Being written by fans of the show, thankfully a lot of the cast averts this. Although Scarlett in Sim Edition 4 didn't seem to realize she'd be away from her family.
- Sassy Black Woman: Lakeisha in Sim Edition.
- Sequel Difficulty Spike: Sim Edition four has the "Marked Houseguest" twist. Also Sims Big Brother 6 featured a much more evil Big Brother, as well as the "Safety or Comfort" theme. (Several people could get safety for the week but at the same time, weren't allowed to use luxuries, had to take cold showers, and were on an instant meal diet. The chairs for non-nominees were also a lot less comfortable than the ones for nominees) All Stars was intended to be this way; largely because the majority of the houseguests were from seasons with public voting.
- Shocking Elimination: Pamela.
- Shout-Out: The two shows actually do this several times:
- At the very beginning of Sims Big Brother 5, several houseguests shout out to the Sim Edition house to "Get rid of Pepper". This naturally shows up in the finale of Sim Edition 2.
- Greg from Sims big Brother 2 is actually a casting director for Sim Edition.
- In the original Sims Big Brother 7, Tarek from Sim Edition 3 actually was one of the houseguests.
- SRN is actually a fan of YouTube Poop.
- Straight Gay: McKenzie in Sims Big Brother 5. Played for drama early in the season, in which Albert regularly avoided Keegan (Who was openly gay) on purpose of him being gay, and McKenzie informed him that she was gay, too, and that he didn't seem to have any problem with her.
- Smug Snake: Monica
- Suicide by Cop: Melissa attempted this in Sim Edition 2.
- Take That: In Sims Big Brother 2...
Michael: "If you drop out now, the Jonas Brothers will perform live in your backyard.
Mercedes: "Nobody move a muscle."
- Team Mom: The Mothers in Sims Big Brother 6. Yvette obsessively cleaned the house and Keri was the main cook. Also; the majority of the house wanted to keep Kimberly around because she cooked for them and would have been The Load.
- Thanatos Gambit: Melissa in Sim Edition.
- We Hardly Knew Ye: Most of the people evicted early in the game. As well as a lot of the cast of Sims Big Brother 4, though this was due to writing issues.
- What Could Have Been: The first three seasons for Sim Edition were removed.
- Originally, Sims Big Brother 2 featured a completely different house with completely different houseguests but it was canceled.
- Also, the winner of Solitary was intended to be put into the Big Brother 2 house.
- Before Sims Big Brother 7 became All Stars, it featured a completely different house with completely different houseguests, as well as a completely different ruleset. The public would actually vote to nominate houseguests rather than evict them, although due to issues with the rules it was canceled. Amusingly enough, two other houseguests from seasons past would return to play the game...and among them was Kristen from Sims Big Brother 4. It's likely that this is why she was the one voted into the All Stars house. (Heck, she got more votes than the season winner!)
- It's also amusing to note that Tarek from Sim Edition 3 was also cast for the original Sims Big Brother 7.
- Sims Big Brother 7 was at first the 7th season, then All-Stars, and then a shout out to the dynamic duos of the 2011 American season.