"This is made not for little girls who kiss posters goodnight, but for those who lick them."Robert Pattinson
- Empire Magazine on the Robsessed dvd.
(born 13th May, 1986) is an English actor who first rose to prominence with his role in the Film of the Book
, Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire
as Cedric Diggory before achieving fame almost overnight as Edward Cullen in the film adaptations of Twilight
. He's working on a few other projects as well.
This actor provides examples of:
- Adorkable: Just watch his interviews. He's the epitome of adorable.
- Cast Incest: Kind of. Back before his role in Harry Potter, he appeared briefly in a deleted scene of the movie Vanity Fair as the son of Reese Witherspoon's character. Seven years later, he played Reese Witherspoon's love interest in Water for Elephants.
- The Cast Showoff: He's also a musician and contributed a couple songs to the Twilight soundtrack. He also had composer Carter Burwell teach him the piano piece "Bella's Lullaby" so he could actually play it instead of faking playing while that scene was filmed.
- Deadpan Snarker: Watch any interview with him for proof.
- Digging Yourself Deeper: Has a habit of being FAR too honest about the Twilight series.
- Dragged into Drag: Apparently forced to dress up by his older sisters.
- Even the Guys Want Him: He despises Twilight (the quintessential Chick Flick), he's a Deadpan Snarker, he's truly a nice guy and sometimes unbearably Adorkable, he's unconventionally attractive.
- Hatedom: Pattinson is the rare actor who is a member of the Hatedom of his own franchise. It's common Tumblr wisdom that "nobody hates Twilight more than Rob Pattinson hates Twilight."
- I Am Not Spock: Twice! First as Cedric in Harry Potter, but then that was eclipsed by his role as Edward in Twilight. Notably, he is the only child actor from the franchise to avert this so far.
- Mean Character, Nice Actor: Most people who hate Twilight still like him due to his constant snarky comments on the series and the fact that he is a lot more lively than his vampire alter ego.
- Money, Dear Boy: Half the reason he's doing Twilight at all. The other half is the chance to hit on Kristen Stewart.
- Name's the Same: No, he doesn't work for the Southport Visiter. That's another one, not the Twilight actor!
- Ooh, Me Accent's Slipping: He actually has a pretty decent American accent, but he does slip at times.
- Shrinking Violet: Robert is widely known to be very shy.