The Ridgearound is a livestream held by Ridgedog. Livestreaming 3 times a week (Monday, Wednesday and Friday), with a possible bonus livestream at the weekend.The Ridgearound consists of 3 stages;
- The before chat, normally everyone questions when or if he is livestreaming.
- The livestream itself, Ridgedog normally comes on and plays games (sometimes people complain he's not doing things right.)
- The afterchat, normally this consists of people being on a high since it's really late. This stage lasts until the first one starts up again.
Tropes for this show include:
- Ambiguous Gender: In a way. The Ridgearound and its attached chat community often have trouble identifying a person's true gender, to the point where it's become one of those things.
- Big "NO!": During the Moustache March Hardcore Survival campaign, many of the deaths were met by one of these. The biggest "no" came from when Sejii, one of the chat moderators, died. Ridge gave a Big "NO!" that lasted over ten seconds.
- Curb-Stomp Battle: The first round of the Art to Die For Survival Games ended this way, with Ridge as the victor.
- Didn't See That Coming: Happens every now and then.
- The Spruce Deuce. Quite possibly the bulkiest most unairworthy plane ever made on Kerbal Space Program. What a surprise that once off the ground it became nigh on impossible to crash and could even make perfect water landings.
- Mac Kerman. His heroic sacrifice in fighting the evil solar panel will forever be remembered.
- Frog Fractions was full of this.
- Fan Disservice: For Ridge, most of the love scenes from the adventure map City of Love was this.
ridgedog: I immediately regret this decision.
Ridge: ... Nope. I have fulfilled my Tinkerbell fantasy.
- Gross Out Show: Pretty much the entirety of his Surgeon Simulator 2013 for some people. Some specifics are when Ridge attempted to stab his patient in the ear with a pencil and draping his large intestines over his eyes. All while trying to remove organs with a spoon.
- Hoist by His Own Petard: During the Cake Defense 2 map with Syncrasis, Ridge managed to shoot himself with his own overpowered bow. Repeatedly.
Game Text: ridgedog walked into fire whilst fighting ridgedog.
- In Joke: Quite a few.
- Laser-Guided Karma: In the Cake Defense 2 map, Ridge managed to "accidentally" shoot Syncrasis during one of the rounds, and was instantly killed by all of the mobs that they had aggroed.
- Our Monsters Are Weird: Cannibal Cow, a creature spawned because of a Ridgearound regular's username, has been turned into the resident Nightmare Fuel. Another regular and mod, Echeb, even made a Minecraft mod out of them. It's actually much more terrifying than it sounds.
- Rouge Angles of Satin: Tends to happen a lot in the afterchat, intentional or not.
Polterpastry: Congratulations Owl you just made your first type
Polterpastry: Oh gods I typo'd the congrats
- Running Gag: 'Jekrs' is going around the Ridgearound chat, originally a mispell, but when one person says it everyone else normally repeats it.
Polterpastry: jekrs for instance
- Stuff Blowing Up: And how!
- Theme Tune: Although technically neither are used to book-end the stream, With pleasant companions - Go!Go!Carlito! and Hatsune Miku - Leave In Summer, Yet You're In My Fluffoughts have been played so often they are considered the stream's unofficial theme songs.
- Ridge does like to start off the streams with whatever song is stuck in his head at the time though...
- He's also begun to end stream by playing Pizza Time, although he claims its not his theme song but 'the turtles'.
- Title Drop:
Cy: Oh, coming from behind!
Ridge: It's okay, we'll give them a Ridgearound!
Six: *Laughs* Aw, that was the perfect use of that!
- Unusual Euphemism: Ridgedog has two reasons for his stream name - firstly because Lewis/Xephos used to ask if "Ridge was around" if something server-side needed fixing and secondly because it err... almost sounds rude.
- Truckin' Birches. Nuff said.
- You Have GOT To Be Kidding Me: Ridgedog's initial reaction to the suggestion of Frog Fractions as a game to try.