open/close all folders
- An Archie Comics story involved Jughead rhyming all of Archie's sentences, causing a chain reaction that rapidly has all of Riverdale High compulsively rhyming each other's sentences non-stop. Everyone is miserable until Betty and Veronica recall that the last time Jughead did this, it finally stopped when he suffered a blow to the head. They then trick him into making an insulting rhyme with Big Moose's name in his hearing...POW.
Jughead: It smarts.
Veronica: Betty! That doesn't rhyme.
Betty: Are you kidding? That's sheer poetry.
- Captain Marvel #9 has Carol, Tic, and mutant rockstar Lila Cheney end up on a planet where it is customary to speak only in rhyme. Highlights include Carol chiding her opponent in a death match for trying to rhyme tale with fell, and later knocking out said opponent with a BOP while telling her to stop.
- "Rhyme Time", an episode of Calvin and Hobbes: The Series, is centered upon Calvin accidentally making everyone rhyme, including himself. The MTM defuses it with a Least Rhymable Word - orange.
- Episode 65 of Ultra Fast Pony (The Hip Hop Happening) invokes this. The Mane 6 are rapping throughout most of the episode...with predictable results.
- In 'The Neverending Story'', Atreyu reaches Uyulala, the Southern Oracle. He soon discovers that it only ever speaks in rhymes and cannot comprehend human speech unless it's also rhymed, resulting in a rhymed conversation.
- The Moonlighting episode "Atomic Shakespeare" was done in costume as if the cast were in Shakespeare's The Taming of the Shrew. At one point, the leads break the fourth wall to tell the audience, "We hate iambic pentameter!"
- How I Met Your Mother has the episode "Bedtime Stories" entirely in nursery rhymes.
- The Faerie Tale Theatre adaptation of "The Pied Piper of Hamelin" is a straight-up retelling of the Robert Browning poem, so after a Framing Device prologue that presents it as a bedtime story Browning is telling a young boy, all the dialogue and narration is in rhyming couplets. This is also a rare rhyming episode that is primarily Played for Drama.
- The Nostalgia Critic's review of The Grinch was done completely in rhyme.
- The Angry Video Game Nerd Christmas special that parodied How the Grinch Stole Christmas! rhymed throughout. He even did his reviews for bad Video Games in rhymes.
- One episode of Zero Punctuation had Yahtzee reviewing Wolfenstein (2009), and nearly the entire episode was done in "lumeric form".
- The second half of Linkara's review of a New Kids on the Block comic was done in rhyme.
- The Mysterious Mr. Enter did this for his review of The Cramp Twins.
- The Danny Phantom episode "The Fright Before Christmas" has a villain called The Ghost Writer, who turns Danny and all of Amity Park into a Christmas poem, forcing everyone to rhyme.
- The Animaniacs episode "Twas the Day Before Christmas" was done in rhyme, as was "The Kid in the Lid".
- The Pinky and the Brain episode "Hickory Dickory Bonk."
- The Super Mario Bros. Super Show episode "Bad Rap."
- The Powerpuff Girls episode "Dream Scheme", revolving around dreams and sleeping, is written in rhyme to resemble nursery rhymes.
- The Johnny Bravo:
- The Arthur episode "Rhyme for Your Life" involved Binky Barnes having a dream where he was in a town called Verseburg, where everyone spoke only in rhyme.
- The SpongeBob SquarePants episode "SpongeBob vs. the Patty Gadget" had the entire episode in rhyme, telling the story of how SpongeBob was about to be replaced by a machine that made as many Krabby Patties as he did.
- There have been several Garfield and Friends episodes that were in rhyme, such as "Ode to Odie" and "Fit for a King".
- The narrator in Danger Mouse delivers his lines in rhyme in the episode "Once Upon A Timeslip" after a microphone glitch transports the cast to the days of Robin Hood.
- Pink Panther is narrated in rhymes in the German dub.
- Hong Kong Phooey has the Rotten Rhymer as villain. (The episode is not rhymed throughout, but Phooey learns that it's infectious.)
- The House of Mouse short "Mickey's Mechanical House" has all the narration and dialogue in rhyme.