A subtrope of Evil Redhead
. While the Jerk Jock
or the Alpha Bitch
will usually be a blond
, it's very common, especially in American media, to give the school bully red hair
Red hair stereotypically indicates a fiery temper
, which most bullies often have in order to be abusive. Redheads also tend to have freckles, which makes them look more childish, mischievous, and conniving.
Averted for the most part in real life, as in real life, somebody with red hair is more likely get bullied themselves
Contrast Heroes Want Redheads
and Red-Headed Hero
Anime and Manga
- Asuka from Neon Genesis Evangelion, who bullies Shinji and pushes him around to the point he starts regressing and has to struggle to keep functioning.
- Strawberry-blond Flash Thompson was Peter Parker's tormentor in high school, although they became friends later in life.
- Cain Marko was this to Charles Xavier in his youth.
- One Far Side strip has a young Jekyll use his chemistry set to terrorize the neighborhood by turning into a large red-haired bully known as "that Hyde kid".
- Carl in Black Crayons. But he quickly learns that Annabelle doesn't get scared, she gets mad.
- Joe Guire in How To Eat Fried Worms.
- The titular character in Something Corporate's "If You C Jordan".