open/close all folders
- An Ur-Example can be found in North by Northwest.
- Used to the point of ridiculousness in Shaun of the Dead and Hot Fuzz.
- Sam Raimi loves to do this, for example in the Evil Dead films.
- This is an iconic filming technique used in 1960s and 1970s kung fu movies, like the ones from the Shaw Brothers. Sometimes this is done in reverse, you see the character emote, then the camera zooms out to reveal the rest of the scene. Kill Bill used this in homage to these movies.
- Every Mad Max movie.
- Used frequently on the American version of Queer as Folk.