Radar Men from the Moon
(Republic Pictures, 1952) is the first Commando Cody serial, in 12 chapters.Chapter Titles
- Moon Rocket (20 min)
- Molten Terror (13min 20s)
- Bridge of Death (13min 20s)
- Flight to Destruction (13min 20s)
- Murder Car (13min 20s)
- Hills of Death (13min 20s)
- Camouflaged Destruction (13min 20s)
- The Enemy Planet (13min 20s)
- Battle in the Stratosphere (13min 20s)
- Mass Execution (13min 20s)(Recap Episode)
- Planned Pursuit (13min 20s)
- Death of the Moon Man (13min 20s)
Provides examples of the following tropes:
- Aliens Speaking English: Lampshaded by Cody when he meets Retik, Retik simply answers that all of their people are required to speak english so they can work more efficiently in USA.
- Jetpack: Commando Codys flying suit.
- Retro Rocket: Looks like a rocket but takes off and lands like a plane.
- Selective Magnetism: Retik uses what presumably is an electromagnet to disarm Cody. Codys gun flies out of his hand and get stuck to the wall, nothing else is affected.
- Spinning Paper: In the start of episode one. Oil wells gets blown up and it fades to a newspaper with the headline "MYSTERY ATTACK RAZES OILFIELD", transmission lines get blown up and a paper with the headline "TRANSMISSION LINE WRECKED" spins in, an skyscraper blows up and it cuts to a woman holding a paper with "OFFICE BUILDING WRECKED BY MYSTERIOUS EXPLOSION".