Psychotaku. Blogger, video game commentator, and Large Ham.His video commentaries are spoken in (really, really loud) Japanese, with english subtitles, as based on traditional Japanese game show hosts. Typically he starts the show with some "boring" show hosted by some other boring dude named Freddie, that somehow have something to do with the current topic. While each show is different, Freddie remains the host. Afterwards, it gets interrupted Max Headroom style by Psychotaku.The format has changed slightly as of late, thanks to Psychoneko, who appeared on the show a few times before getting her own series, took over Psychotaku's old set, forcing him to move into a basement somewhere. Since then the show starts out in Japanese and then transitions to English in the openings. Freddie still appears though, giving counterpoint to Psychotaku.He has had a crossover with JewWario, which can be found herePsychotaku can be found here.
Psychotaku provides examples of the following:
- All Your Base Are Belong to Us: Psychoneko took over his old set, as outlined above, but for now Psychotaku's settled into his new, if much less nice, headquarters.
- Bilingual Bonus: His Catch Phrase is
- Psychotaku. Otaku Saikou!Translation: Psychotaku. Otaku is awesome!
- Psychoneko has "Psychoneko mew, back to you."
- Delinquent: During his second crossover with Jew Wario (in the Sakigake! Otokujuku review, it was revealed that Psychotaku and Yanki J. used to run with the same crowd during their school days. Yanki claims the Sakigake!! Otokojuku franchise was based on their exploits.
- Do Not Adjust Your Set: Every show he takes over Freddie's program, to broadcast his show. He gets this in one episode from Psykoneko when she found out he uses the controller for rhythm games instead of the special controllers.
- Evil Laugh:Psychotaku: LOL!
- Gratuitous English: Averted and parodied.
- I Know Karate: In addition to a multiple of other talents, Freddie is a kung-fu master with moves such as the Phoenix Blow.
- Japanese Ranguage: In his Crossover review with Yanki J, Yanki J pulls out a TV remote to turn everything Psychotaku says into english (since there's no subtitles available.) Everything he says still comes out as incredibly thick Engrish. Which then gets subtitled in some places anyway.
- Large Ham: See No Indoor Voice below.
- No Export for You: The whole concept of the show.
- No Indoor Voice: See Large Ham above.
- Otaku: Duh
- Rainbow Speak: Psychotaku's subtitles.
- Sentai: He has a battle for Super Sentai Street Cred with JewWario of That Guy with the Glasses, and only loses when he has to review the first American series Mighty Morphin' Power Rangers.
- Take Over the World: Not only has the Psychotaku made the statement that after he defeats Freddie, he'll move on to this, he has also stated that if he kills all the humans, dogs and cats will do this.
- Why Do You Keep Changing Jobs?: Freddie seems to have a new job, related to the item of the day, every time. Ranging from a wildly eccentric Chef to a karate master.
- Lampshaded in the Magical Taruruuto-kun video, where Psychotaku comments on Freddie's new job choice (wizard).
- Wrestler in All of Us: Mark Fujita, The actor who plays the Psychotaku "is an actual professional Wrestler, named Hop Sing Lee" as he has stated in his Psychoblog. He's the tag team champ of an indy company with L'emperor.