PSI Ponify is a fan fiction written by Sandvich Party. It's an EarthBound and My Little Pony: Friendship Is Magic crossover. Ness, Paula, Poo and Jeff are preparing to fight Giygas, when Dr Saturn knocks horse DNA into the Phase Distorter. The four heroes are then teleported to Equestria and have been transformed into ponies. It's currently a work in progress.
This fan fiction provides examples of:
- And I Must Scream: Giygas.
- Another Side, Another Story: Sorta. After an ominous BLAM sounds all around Ponyville, the narrative cuts to Poo's view, a couple of hours earlier.
- Big Bad Duumvirate: Pokey and Giygas, But Pokey becomes the Big Bad after he tricks Giygas.
- Big Damn Heroes: Ness in the second part. Surrounded on all sides by fire in the Everfree Forest, he gets everyone out of harms way by being strategic and using what he had at his disposal - namely, two pegasi and some nifty PSI.
- Bilingual Bonus: 'Isha' means Doctor in Japanese. What this means is currently unknown.
- Brick Joke: Ness' last name.
- Cross Over: Well, duh.
- Darker and Edgier: The story starts out pretty calmly, and then two chapters later, we have a character being held at knifepoint.. The author has said it's going to get even darker soon.
- Evil Is Not a Toy: Turns out Pokey doesn't like being harassed all too much.
- Evil Versus Evil: It's revealed that this is why Giygas took the red, wavy screaming-face form he was in EarthBound - Pokey pretty much destroyed him to get him off his back.
- Faux Shadow: Loads. Example :
- I Miss Mom: Ness, a few paragraphs into the first part. It's an actual status effect in EarthBound, though.
- Jerk Ass: Poo to Applejack, at least at first. And Pokey Minch, of course.
- Jerk with a Heart of Gold: Poo is portrayed as this. He's a complete Jerk Ass to Applejack but fears for his friends.
- Kid Hero: As in EarthBound, the main four heroes - Ness, Jeff, Poo and Paula.
- Let's Split Up, Gang: Sort of, considering its unintentional. Poo is nowhere to be seen for a while after the Phase Distorter crashes.
- Multi National Team: Ness, Paula, Jeff, and Poo are already this, but then they team up with Rainbow Dash and Fluttershy, and they're a multiuniversal team.
- Mysterious Employer: 'Isha' lives and breathes this trope. We only get one description of what he looks like, he can only be found in alleyways, and gets the attention of Ness by pretty much kidnapping him and holding him at knifepoint. 'Isha' isn't even his real name!
- Nice Job Breaking It, Hero: Almost all of the problems (being transformed, thrown into Ponyville, etc) can be pinned on Dr Saturn.
- One of Us: The author is, and it's hinted at during the story, to the point of referencing a trope by name. He's likely reading this right now.
- Power Incontinence: Justified. PSI was meant to be used in a human body, not.. a ponies. Although, Paula does burn half of a forest..
- Spinning out of Here: As in EarthBound, its how the heroes teleport. Well, all of them except Jeff.
- The Unreveal: [[spoiler:Ness faces his attacker.. and it's too dark to see any details. He doesn't even say his real name.
- Two Guys and a Girl: The story focuses on Ness, Jess and Paula considering Poo is missing.
- Unfortunate Names: Poo. Lamp Shaded quite a bit, too.
- You Cannot Grasp the True Form: Giygas Post-corruption is described as this.