is a 2009-2010 documentary about different US cities in different times in Prehistory. Cities include: New York City
, Washington, DC
, and Los Angeles
This series provides examples of:
- Anachronism Stew: Dimetrodon never lived 260 million years ago, Pteranodon never lived 110 million years ago (to be fair, the pterosaur wasn't named in-show), Ichthyosaurs never lived 80 million years ago, and Dilophosaurus never lived 200 million years ago.
- Apocalypse Wow: New York has the Triassic-Jurassic extinction 200 million years ago, Chicago has an impact from 260 million years ago, and Washington DC has an impact 35 million years ago.
- Bears Are Bad News: Arctodus
- Bear Dogs Are Bad News: Amphicyon
- Big Applesauce: The first episode.
- Chicago: The second episode. Interestingly, it has no dinosaur fossils.
- Denver: The fourth episode.
- DFW Metroplex: The fifth episode.
- Everything's Better with Dinosaurs: All episodes have them.
- Everything's Even Worse with Sharks: Megalodon
- Expy: Astrodon to Apatosaurus and the unnamed Tyrannosaur in the second episode to Tyrannosaurus
- Full Boar Action: The fourth episode has Archaeotherium AKA the Terminator Pig
- Gorn: Several blood effects, most noticeable in the Deinonychus segment
- Los Angeles: The sixth episode
- Never Smile at a Crocodile: Postosuchus
- Panthera Awesome: The scimitar-toothed cat and saber-toothed cat (which aren't actually panthers, but are feliforms)
- Ptero Soarer: Pretty accurate pterosaurs (complete with feathering)
- Raptor Attack: Deinonychus (feathered improperly, but still feathered) takes down a Tenontosaurus.
- Rocks Fall, Everyone Dies: An impact event in the Chesapeake Bay kills all life in the area, devastating everything up to New York City.
- Rodents of Unusual Size: The giant beaver Castoroides
- Roger Rabbit Effect: The scenes where the prehistoric animals roam the cities
- Speculative Documentary: Since dinosaur fossils were never found in Chicagoland, the producers had to speculate what dinosaurs lived there - they got around the problem by not stating specific species.
- Stock Footage: From Dinosaur Planet, When Dinosaurs Roamed America, the Walking With series, and Animal Armageddon, no less!
- Stock Footage Failure: Due to stock footage, Ceratosaurus becomes Allosaurus (wrong), Allodaposuchus becomes a primitive amphibian (also wrong), Anatotitan becomes a Jurassic dinosaur (also also wrong), Zuniceratops becomes Triceratops (also also also wrong), Dilophosaurus and Anchisaurus become Cretaceous dinosaurs (also also also also wrong, although Anchisaurus could be mistaken for a primitive ornithopod), and Ceratosaurus also becomes Albertosaurus (also also also also also wrong).
- Stock Sound Effect: Sounds from When Dinosaurs Roamed America and the Walking with Dinosaurs series are heard throughout.
- Washington, DC: The third episode
- Zerg Rush: The Deinonychus attacking the Tenontosaurus