- From Buffy the Vampire Slayer:
You ever heard the expression, "biting off more than you can chew
"? ...Okay, um, how about the expression "Vampire Slayer
What the hell are you talking about? Buffy:
Wow. Never heard that one? Okay... How about, "Oh God, my leg, my leg?" (Breaks his leg) Vampire:
Oh God, my leg!
- In Monk:
- In "Mr. Monk and the Earthquake," Captain Stottlemeyer asks Darryl Wright why he is talking so much with a broken jaw, and then, as expected, punches Darryl in the face when he responds that his jaw isn't broken.
- This one from "Mr. Monk and the Birds and the Bees", when Dewey Jordan and Rob Sherman are staging a burglary of the latter's house.
Dewey Jordan: [seeing Sherman pulling a revolver] What's that?
Rob Sherman: This, uh, this is your gun, Dewey.
Dewey Jordan: My gun? [Sherman promptly conjures a nickel-plated pistol in his right hand]
Rob Sherman: This one's mine. This is the one that I'm gonna kill the intruder with.
Dewey Jordan: Intruder? [Sherman shoots and kills Dewey with the pistol. His wife comes downstairs, and he shoots her with the revolver, that he then plants in Dewey Jordan's right hand to make it look like he killed the burglar in self-defense]
- From "Mr. Monk Buys a House":
[Jake and Ramone, holding Monk and Natalie hostage, have found their money]
"Honest" Ramone: Jake! Jake! Whaddaya wanna do with your share of the money?
"Honest" Jake Phillips: Same thing I'm gonna do with your share: spend it! [shoots and kills Ramone]
- Doctor Who, episode "Rise of the Cybermen"
Doctor: When does this Amy step into the box? We need to maintain the timeline.
Amy: Ah. As soon as she's slapped Rory.
: OK... No. Why do I get slapped?
Doctor: Because we have to stick to the established chain of events. One mistake and the whole timeline could collapse. We'd end up with two Amy Ponds forever, and then what would you do?
Blackadder: He'd better watch out. One more insult and the contract between us will be as broken as this milk-jug.
Baldrick: But that milk-jug isn't broken.
Blackadder: You really do walk into these things, don't you? [Smashes the jug over Baldrick's head]
- And, from Blackadder Goes Forth:
Capt. Darling [explaining why he didn't bother rescuing Blackadder]: ...we weighed up the pros and cons, and decided it wasn't a reasonable use of our time and resources.
Lord Flasheart [argumentatively]: Well, this isn't a reasonable use of my time and resources, but I'm going to do it anyway!
Flasheart: This! [head-butts Darling into unconsciousness]
- In Blackadder The Third':
Blackadder Does your father know?
Amy: He had to go
Blackadder: You mean he's dead?
Amy: Yes, as dead as that squirrel.
Blackadder: Which squirrel?
- Sherlock comes home to find a CIA agent holding Mrs Hudson hostage. He rescues her, ties up the agent, then helpfully explains to the police over the phone that the man fell out the window, and describes a lot of horribly graphic injuries that have not yet been inflicted. Moment of confusion. Then... crash.
Lestrade: And exactly how many times did he fall out of the window?
Sherlock: It's all a bit of a blur, Detective Inspector... I lost count.
Sally: "I didn't marry her!" How do you think that makes me look?
Patrick: I had to say something, you slapped me!
Sally: (slaps him) Don't argue!
- From early in Heroes third volume, when Hiro meets Daphne after she compromises his time-stop:
This whole time-stopping thing, how does it work, exactly? I mean, if you chase me to Bangkok
, will time stay frozen in Tokyo
I don't know. Daphne:
Well, something to think about when you get back on your feet. Hiro:
But... I am
on my feet.
- From True Blood:
Luke McDonald: How's that lip?
Jason Stackhouse: It's okay. How's your nose?
Luke McDonald: Huh? [Jason punches him in the nose.]
- From LOST:
Jones: Unless you're answering my questions, don't speak. I want you to tell me everything or I'll cut off her other hand.
Jones: The first one isn't negotiable. It's just to illustrate how serious I am.
- Jones proceeds to yell "Do it!" at his henchman with a machete as Sawyer desperately promises to tell him everything.
- The original run of Knight Rider subverts a Type 2a: corrupt cop pulls over Michael and tries to bring him to his corrupt judge boss on charges of having a broken tail light. KITT's tail lights are just as armored as the rest of him.
- New Zealand drama Outrageous Fortune
Monica: How about I don't book you for the broken tail light? Call it a warning.
Cheryl: I don't have a broken tail light.
Monica smashes the tail light out with the breathalyzer.
- From the Eureka episode "Momstrocity":
Carter: It's only a matter of time before Allison sees you for what you really are, which is a smug, selfish, Einstein wannabe with no moral compass and only one functioning kidney.
Grant: Both my kidneys function fine, thank you.
Carter: Well. The day's not over, is it.
- This happens in an episode of That '70s Show when Kelso, Hyde and Jackie fight over who Donna gets to take to a Led Zeppelin concert. Kelso brings a batch of cookies to persuade Donna into taking him:
Kelso: Don't touch. Those are for Donna.
Hyde: Kelso, Donna doesn't want a bunch of dirty cookies.
Kelso: They're not dirty.
Hyde kicks them off the table
Hyde: They are now.
- Happens in an episode of Friends. When Rachel doesn't want to run with Phoebe because of the...erm, interesting manner in which Phoebe runs, she tells Phoebe that Monica tripped her and hurt her ankle.
Monica: Rachel, I'm sorry about your ankles.
Monica: We'll see.
- In the iCarly episode iFind Lewbert's Lost Love, when Spencer discovers that Chuck is the one who stole all of the TV remotes from the apartments, we get this exchange:
I'm calling the police Chuck:
Then you'd better tell them you need a new PearPhone Spencer:
Why, this is the new G5, what's wrong with it? ( Chuck smashes it against the wall.)
- In the Grey's Anatomy episode "What Is It About Men", this exchange occurs as Dr. Hunt approaches the ER, where a very large, angry patient is beating up a guy in crutches.
Dr. Hunt(to nurse): Book ORnote 2 for a possible concussion and a broken jaw.
Nurse: We have a patient with a broken jaw?
Dr. Hunt: We're about to. [Knocks the large patient out with a punch to the jaw]
- From the Fringe S4/E9 episode "Enemy of my Enemy", An agent of David Robert Jones is a doctor in an Emergency Room. She calls up Fringe Division, asks them to listen closely, and walks out the ER (leaving a canister behind her):
Orderly(to the exiting Dr. Samuels): Doctor Samuels, do you want me to give that little girl with the bike injury a Tetanus?
Dr. Samuels: Not necessary. I don't think she's gonna make it. (Orderly gives her a confused look as the canister begins to release a gas that kills everyone in the ER)
- In an episode of How I Met Your Mother, after Ted's girlfriend embarrasses her on air, Robin announces "In other news, later today a Manhattan architect gets punched in the throat". One Gilligan Cut later...
- In an episode of Castle, Esposito requests a bag of ice from a bartender. The bartender barely has time to ask why when Esposito pulls a Groin Attack on the killer's bodyguard.