Fully titled "Wyrmwick: The Past Years", the PreWick Campaign is a Prequel
to Lord Kat
's popular Dungeons & Dragons campaign, the Wyrmwick Campaign
. It is set in what will become the kingdom of Wyrmwick, several hundred years before the events of the first campaign, and boasts an entirely new cast of characters...plus a few familiar faces.
Former Wyrmwick party members SonicGav, Y Ruler of Time, Rollo T
and ArcLight have returned; they are joined by tabletop gaming veteran MechaGM
and livestream regular Sable.
The party consists of:
- LordKaT as the Dungeon Master
- MechaGM as Caeranne Bladewalker, an Eladrin Swordmage
- SonicGav as Drycha, a Wood Elf Seeker/Ranger
- ArcLight as Elexis Moreau, a Genasi Warlord
- Sable as Fardraig Culhwch, a Human Fighter
- Y Ruler of Time as Han Niudao, a Human Monk
- Rollo T as Vega Cruz, a Half-Elf Warpriest
Unfortunately, LordKat had to end the campaign prematurely due to Real Life
and scheduling conflicts. However, the previous sessions and the campaign wiki can be found here.
PreWick Campaign provides examples of:
- Action Girl: Caeranne; Drycha; Elexis.
- Han fits this now as well.
- Anachronism Stew: When Vega prays to Selune for instruction, she is answered by a receptionist from "the Law Offices of Selune, Selune & Selune"; when she prays for the party to be transported away from danger, she gets the "Selune, Selune & Selune Cab Service".
- Bad Future: Ten years or so in the future, Bomar is the Mayor of Wyrmwick and the kingdom is engaged in an unending war against the Taint—which Han is now leading. Fortunately, it was only a vision. But the party is now desperately trying to prevent it from coming to pass.
- Big Bad: The Taint.
- Beware the Silly Ones: Mage Firenipple. He's an eccentric old man with a goofy verbal tick...who slipped unconscious Han a gender bending potion, with the intention of making Fem!Han his wife. Did we mention the potion also contained a mind-altering ingredient to make the recipient more subservient?
- Brutal Honesty: Nearly everything out of Fardraig's mouth. The wiki describes him as "blunt as a craghammer (and just as deadly)".
- Buxom Is Better: Firenipple apparently thinks so: he gave Fem!Han D-cup breasts. (Jason said he had to resist the urge to make them Double Ds.)
- Every female member of the party is depicted as big-busted in Fan Art (even when they haven't been described as such).
- Cloud Cuckoo Lander: Bomar the Baker (again).
- Vega occasionally fits this as well. She once had a 20 minute conversation with Bomar about such topics as gunpowder bread and starting a coffee business before having to be dragged away by her companions.
- Death by Origin Story: The Druidic community where Drycha was raised (which had formerly been home to all manner of forest-dwelling creatures) was wiped out by goblin raiders.
- Also Fardraig's family, who were killed by a band of adventurers when he was a child.
- Fish Out of Temporal Water: Bomar. The party also becomes this after they are transported thirty years into the future in a holy vision.
- Future Me Scares Me: Han (who may or may not be destined to lead the Taint's army).
- Gender Bender: Han, thanks to a lovelorn Mage Firenipple. The transformation began as a slow, gradual process that caused Han to acquire soft skin and large breasts while he still had his male reproductive organs; however, this led to a great deal of Squick and rude humor from the livestream community, irritating Y Ruler of Time and causing Lord Kat to re-write the arc so that Han woke up fully female at the start of the next session.
- Granola Girl: Drycha. Comes with being raised by Druids.
- Heroic Bluescreen Of Death: Han very nearly has one after he witnesses the possible future of Wyrmwick and learns of the Taint's plans for him.
- Lethal Chef: Bomar. Live mouse bread. That is all.
- He also tries to make rock bread after running out of his normal ingredients ("It didn't bake well"), grass bread, and contemplates making gunpower bread.
- Let Us Never Speak of This Again: After Firenipple used his gender bending magic on Han, Vega (the only one present at the time) had to "inspect" him to see how thoroughly the spell had taken effect. Being a fairly sheltered young woman, Vega was so embarrassed and Squicked out by the whole thing that she prefers to pretend it never happened.
- Ki Attacks: Han.
- Last Of Her Kind: Drycha. Her entire community was slaughtered by Goblin raiders.
- Running Gag: Vega's habit of asking for the name of anything and everything the party encounters. It drives LordKat crazy.
- "Selune, Selune & Selune" (all of whom have Brooklyn accents).
- Stable Time Loop: Bomar travels into the past and ends up in the yet-unnamed land that will become Wyrmwick, inadvertently giving the kingdom its name by calling it as such.
- Shout Out: "Iron giants? Are they voiced by Vin Diesel?" "Yes."
- Super Smoke: The party encounters this in a cave pit in session five.
- Warrior Monk: Han, in the Centered Breath tradition.