PotterCast is a the official podcast of the Harry Potter fan site The Leaky Cauldron. Started in 2005, the podcast has discussed theories regarding the books and movies, as well as interviews with the cast and crew of the movies and with people in the Harry Potter fan community. In 2007, after the release of Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows, Pottercast interviewed author J.K. Rowling. The show is currently hosted by Melissa Anelli, John Noe and Frankie "Frak" Franco III. Sue Upton was a co-host before leaving. In April 2013 Melissa announced Pottercast would be ending some time later in the year. She said that she'd still like to collaborate on another podcast, with John and Frak in the future.
This podcast provides examples of the following:
- Ascended Extra: John and Sue. Melissa was the sole co-host in early episodes, and John and Sue were regulated in segments like Mailbag and Modcast. John seemed to be ascended as a co-host as early as Episode 4, though Melissa still was regarded as the sole host for a while. see Early Installment Weirdness below.
- Ascended Fanboy: The hosts are huge Harry Potter fans. John Noe is this as he got one of Rowling's handwritten Tales of Beedle the Bard. Rowling jokingly asked John whether it had "too much bling'. Also, Rowling gave Dawlish the first name John in honor of Noe, as Dawlish is his favorite character.
- Early Installment Weirdness: The show was much more structured in early days, and Melissa was the sole host with John and Sue as regulars in certain segments.
- I Knew It. John predicted the Knights of Hogwarts bit of Deathly Hallows. It was awesome.
- Known Only by Their Nickname: Frak is mostly subject to this, though he's occasionally referred to as Frankie as well.
- Put on a Bus: Sue.
- Obfuscating Stupidity: John, sometimes. One of the earliest examples is he says Luna's last name is Longbottom. Hilarity Ensues afterwards
- ''Keep twiddling those dials. The next password is TV Tropes."