Pine Valley Chronicles
Stephen: Hey, buddy! I'm Stephen Murphy. whats your name?
Don: Not-Getting-Raped-By-a-Stranger. Itís Native SimAmerican.
Gruglysims: And now you know what kind of journal this is.The Clover County Chronicles (formerly known as The Pine Valley Chronicles) is a Black Comedy Machinomic made using The Sims 2. It started in 2010 on LiveJournal by the user Gruglysims and is currently ongoing. It is a legacy-style story which chronicles the lives of the inhabitants of the seemingly peaceful mountain community of Pine Valley. Originally, the story focused on the six founders of the town, but has since expanded to include a large cast of characters. Since the work is meant to be comedy, most of the tropes will be Played for Laughs.The story can be viewed here. Be warned, however, that it is Not Safe for Work
—The Pine Valley Chronicles, Chapter One
This series contains examples of:
- Action Girl: Cecilia Phelps until she is forced into hiding
- Ax-Crazy: Vicki Sharpe and, later, her stepdaughter, Cecilia Phelps
- Black and Nerdy: Jerome
- Black Comedy Rape: a few examples, but mainly the Rape Llamas
- Brother-Sister Incest: Cecilia and William though, it's justified since William did not know she who she was at the time
- Cruel Player-Character God: The creator of the series is this.
- Dark Action Girl: Melanie Lillard while she was the Queen of the Zombies
- Dead Person Impersonation: Vicki taking Cecilia's identity after being resurrected by Peter Reiner, though, Cecilia isn't dead, just on the run.
- Death Is Cheap: Considering that most of the characters have access to the Resurrect-O-Nomitron, this isn't that surprising/
- The worst victim of this has to be college mascot-turned-zombie Kaylynn Macarevitch, who is resurrected and killed so often that the Grim Reaper even asked once if someone was looking for her.
- Driven to Suicide: Vanessa Sharpe, after being rejected by Andrew Murphy
- Fountain of Youth: William after reviving Stephan and Ember from the dead, has a genie restore their youth, so that they can begin their lives anew. That was mostly because he wanted to prevent anyone else from reviving Stephan, whose resurrection would prevent William from being married to Abigail.
- Abigail herself does this after she gets tired of William cheating on her.
- Gag Penis: William's; it even has a name, "Captain Sparkles"
- Interactive Narrator
- Like Father, Like Son: Neil and William Sharpe, at least in terms of sexual exploits
- Misplaced Retribution: In order to get revenge on her father divorcing her mother for the person who would eventually kill her, stepmother and half-brother for starting a manhunt against her and forcing her to go undercover, Cecilia decides she will sleep with William and marry him in order to get her father's last name and reunite her family's fortune.
- My God, What Have I Done?: Don , after he revived Melanie to test the power of the Resurrect-O-Nomitron, which led to her starting the Zombie Apocalypse.
- Also, Faith and Yvonne Murphy who helped spread it to their own family by inviting the zombies over out of a desire to become like them
- Never Live It Down: Despite the fact that she's rehabilitated, everyone knows and fears Melanie as The Zombie Queen
- No Fourth Wall: The characters are all aware, to some degree, that they are in a fictional story. Grugly even regularly has conversations with them
- Professional Killer: Cecilia Phelps and William Sharpe too bad Cecilia took it too far
- Rage Against the Author: considering there is no fourth wall, this is not surprising. Cecilia even threatens to commit deicide on one occasion
- Parental Neglect: Stewart and Leonard Murphy, who were left in the care of a sadistic butler and a robot. Justified by the fact that Stephen was killed in their early childhood after becoming a zombie and Abigail being a vampire, slept during the day and had to work to find the zombie cure at night.
- Porn with Plot: Some chapters come off as this.
- Really Gets Around: Neil Sharpe, William Sharpe and Ember Fox
- Reformed, but Rejected: Despite the fact that Melanie has become human again, and most of her former zombie cohorts are dead or also reformed most people who are not close to her still refer to her as the Zombie Queen and freak out when seeing her
- Self-Made Orphan: Cecilia killed her father and stepmother after they refused to let her go out
- Sex with the Ex: Neil and Victoria, following Vicki being killed, which leds to them being married a second time
- Tailor-Made Prison: Melanie, on two seperate occassions, is placed in one
- Teeny Weenie: Jerome, as part of him being an anti-stereotype
- You Killed My Father: Cecilia killed Vicki to avenge her mother's death.
- Zombie Apocalypse: the premise of a good portion of the story so far