A notorious fanfiction author, formerly known as Shero. "Affectionately" called Angey by those familiar with her magnum opus. Usually abbreviated as PA. What sets her apart from the rest is that her writing style has barely changed in nearly seven years of her writing career despite the endless onslaught of criticism.Here is her author's page on Fanfiction.net.
List of Phantom's Ange's Fanfics:
- An Elvin's Love/An Elf's Love/Middle-Earth's Last Hope: The Lord of the Rings movie fanfic. A Legomance. This fic went through a long history of rewrites and title changes. At one point, improvement happened. And then the next fic (All For Love) appeared in her old style. No one knows what really happened, but general consensus is that there was a ghostwriter involved. Eventually deleted due to either negative reviews or shift in author's interests. Fragments of a few versions remain in MSTs.
- MSTs of An Elvin's Love can be found here and here. This is the original version.
- MST of An Elf's Love can be found here.
- MST of Last Hope can be found here.
- Two Hearts, One Soul: The Phantom of the Opera movie fanfic. (The one with Gerard Butler, of course.) This one was rewritten too. Author has since removed both the original and the rewrite. MST is here.
- All For Love: A sequel to Two Hearts, One Soul. Deleted. MST is here.
- A Demon's Love: The Phantom of the Opera movie fanfic, unrelated to Two Hearts, One Soul. Another one that got deleted. MST is here.
- Pitch Black: Alicia's story: Pitch Black fanfic. Another one that underwent revision. Original is unavailable, but rewrite is here.
- Aoife in Wonderland: Alice in Wonderland fanfic. Now deleted. MST is here.
- Return to Wonderland: Sequel to Aoife in Wonderland. Now deleted.
- Daughter of Ironman: Iron Man fanfic. Found here.
- A Slave's Tale: The Cat Returns fanfic. Deleted.
- A Wizard and His Seraph: Howl's Moving Castle fanfic. Deleted.
- Sherlock Holmes' Sorceress: Sherlock Holmes movie fanfic. Deleted.
- Fire in My Blood: another The Phantom of the Opera movie fanfic, unrelated to Two Hearts, One Soul. Deleted.
- The Rebel Companion: a Doctor Who fanfic, set during the third season of the new series. Deleted and revised into "Hope's Light." This has also been deleted.
- There is a sequel, 'Eternal Love', which covers the fourth season of the new series. Deleted.
Tropes related to Phantom's Ange and her fanfiction in general:
- Alliterative Family: Her OCs. Rosa and Rora (Aurora's nickname. Often mixed up with "Rosa" in earlier, nadly edited versions of Two Hearts, One Soul). Aurora, Alicia, Alisa, Aoife, Asami, Amanda and Alaina.
- Beige Prose: Everything that is not Costume Porn.
- Kicking Ass in All Her Finery/Bullet Proof Fashion Plate: No matter how impractical the clothing is, it will never impede the ass-kicking. OCs and their Love Interests (shallow more often than not) are rarely hurt or dirtied, unless when it's required for dramatic purposes. Of course, said injuries never make them unattractive and will soon disappear.
- Canon Defilement: Possibly doubled, at that. A lot of her fandoms are derivative works that are considered Canon Defilement themselves by some people. Phantom's Ange manages to defile both the Original Canon and Defiler Canon. Almost admirable accomplishment, if one ignores the consequences.
- Card-Carrying Villain: Adrian Flynn. Dorian Fynn&Damian Steelé. Angelo Tango&Daniel Todd. Adrian Mc Carthy. Sara-Ann. Moonskar&Louise Tatimo. Barbara&Derek.
- CoolPet/EmpathyPet/ActionPet: Hippogrif, tiger, wolf dogs, regular dogs, racoon dog, cat, stoat, owl. They can communicate with OC, Detect Evil better than seasoned paladins, aid in the fight and babysit.
- Common Mary Sue Traits: All of her main character OCs have them.
- Costume Porn: About the only thing that will be properly described beside her OC's looks are her clothes, and occasionally the clothes of her love interest. Note that said costumes do not necessarily fit the scenery.
- Department of Child Disservices / Social Services Does Not Exist: Alaina and Aoife live at the turn of the millennium, raising their little sisters with no caretakers in sight. Ailia was abused by her mother for years, and the first thing Social Services do when they find out is find a man her mother had a one-night stand with (how they picked the right one we will never know) and give the child to him despite his history of erratic behaviour in public and without running any background check.
- Department of Redundancy Department: Phantom's Ange has a section on her own.
- Derailing Love Interests
- Fangirl: Her choice of fandoms to write in hinges on the hotness of the actor. Unsurprisingly, Sue's love interest will be the character played by said actor. First love was Orlando Bloom. Current favourite seems to be Robert Downey Jr.
- Hand Wave: Galore.
- Hollywood Healing: In every fic.
- Mary Sue: In every PA's fic, there is a female OC that fits this trope to a T.
- Black Hole Sue: All of them, but most notably the first one, Rosa Monroe, who is as important to the future of Middle-earth as The One Ring, if not more.
- Copy Cat Sue: Aurora Stevens can do anything better than Christine Daae. And Christine is replaced by Sheelagh in Fire in My Blood though she is still present in the story. Aoife straight-out replaces Alice in Tim Burton's Alice in Wonderland, with no mention of the canon character. A Deus ex Machina replaced Irene Adler in Guy Ritchie's Sherlock Holmes with Alaina, making it so Irene never existed in order to "fix" the story (Thus also making her a Fixer Sue). Both Aoife and Alaina follow movie script parts of canon characters they replaced (or use their little sisters when parts of it are too uncool for their awesomeness).
- God-Mode Sue: Most notably Rosa, Aoife and Alaina.
- Neutrality Sue: All of latter OCs.
- Purity Sue: Aurora and Alisa
- Only a Flesh Wound: Few injuries OCs sustain will be this. And, of course, heal without consequences. Actually, that's protagonist OCs. Their child companions will be battered to gain sympathy in their stead.
- Plagiarism: While still writing under the name "Shero", she plagiarised the owner of the very fanfiction archive she was posting on. Her fanfic "The Rebel Companion" was discovered to contain passages plagiarized from author Lizze XX's story "Hidden Lady of Time." While Phantom's ange removed the plagiarized parts after corresponding with Lizze, she didn't reveal she had plagiarized. After "The Rebel Companion" was rewritten as "Hope's Light," the plagiarized parts returned. It was revealed again and Phantom's ange removed the story.
- One could argue that all of her movie-based fanfics are plagiarised because over half of the text is movie script written down word for word. The same applies for her Doctor Who fics which lifts dialogue wholesale from transcripts of the episodes. This also includes her copying scene descriptions word-for-word from them as well.
- Rape Is The New Dead Parents: Played with. All of her OCs are orphans and/or victims of sexual assault.
- Self-Insert Fic: All of her works.
- Would Hurt a Child:
- a) Villains will target [Mary Sue Protagonist OC's] child companion [Original Character OC] with
- b) Author herself. The amount of child abuse in every fic that features a child character is mildly disturbing. In a particularly heinous meta example, Alaina is supposed to take role of Irene Adler in Sherlock Holmes. However, in a couple of scenes where Irene was in mortal danger in the original, she is not replaced by Alaina but by her little sister who is six or seven years old.note