is the latest entry to Strain42's Persona For The Win
series, after Persona 3 FTW
and Persona 4 TW
. Based on the original Persona
game, Persona Won follows the story of yet another unnamed silent Protagonist as he winds up involved in a demon invasion. The comic follows Persona's SEBEC Route from Issue 1 to 141, and then shifts into a "What If..." by Philemon that kicks in the Snow Queen Quest from Issue 142 onwards.
The comic is still being posted, with new issues every day Monday-Friday. After the completion of Persona Won, the author will be continuing Persona 4 with Persona 4 TW Add On
, based on Persona 4 Arena
Persona Won provides examples of:
- Adaptation Distillation
- Adults Are Useless
- Affably Evil: Kandori.
- Affectionate Parody
- An Axe to Grind: Mark.
- Art Evolution: In reverse, as J.C. drew most of the comics for the series out of order.
- Axes at School: Mark is called out on this when he takes his out.
- Battle Butler: Persona!Yamaoka.
- Blatant Lies: Maki says that S.E.B.E.C. stands for Super Evil Big Evil Corporation.
- Boring Invincible Villain: Kandori became godlike, but he gave it up because he found out that being godlike is boring.
- Butt Monkey: Maki's mother is generally ignored whenever she shows up, and takes lower priority than watching a butterfly despite being injured.
- Call Back: The petrified characters here are similar to Yukiko and Kanji in the wallpaper. Hilariously, this was completely unintentional.
- Cat Smile
- Cloud Cuckoo Lander: Maki.
- Creepy Children: Mai and Aki.
- Cuteness Proximity: Tesso, for Maki.
- Darker and Edgier: Sorta. The main character is shown putting a gun up to Takeda's chin and firing offscreen.
- Extreme Omnivore: The main character eats glass to make it fit in Maki's compact.
- The Faceless: Takeda's Persona. Although this is to cover up the fact that it was not originally drawn as Noppera-bo.
- Fun with Acronyms: Combined with Blatant Lies.
- Gag Penis: Mara...as usual.
- Gory Discretion Shot: We don't actually see Takeda die. Just the main character covered in blood after hearing his gun fire.
- Groin Attack: Maki convinced Mai to give her half of the compact in exchange for hitting the main character in the groin.
- Heroic BSOD: Maki undergoes one after learning about her real self.
- I Always Wanted to Say That: Aki telling the party that their mother was a hamster and their father smelt of elderberries.
- Incredibly Lame Pun: Maki says that they're in a "hairy" situation against a boss with lots of hair.
- Lovable Alpha Bitch: Ayase.
- Ninja Pirate Zombie Robot: Persona!Yamaoka is a surfing angel butler.
- Perpetual Frowner: Reiji.
- School Festival: Mentioned, but otherwise ignored.
- Shout-Out: Mark walking into the wall because of a fake door.
- The Stoic: Reiji Kido never smiles once through the course of the series.
- Sociopathic Hero: The main character.
- Suspiciously Specific Denial: The sign that says "NOT Secret S.E.B.E.C. Entrance. Move Along."
- Take a Third Option: Instead of fighting Tesso fairly, the party opts to push him over so he can't attack.
- Unusually Uninteresting Sight: Mark and Maki don't seem to care that they watched the main character murder someone with a gun.
- The Voiceless: Once again, the protagonist.
- What Happened to the Mouse?: In the original game, Takeda vanishes after the fight with him. This gets corrected by having the main character shoot him to death in the comic.
- Ye Olde Butcherede Englishe: Maki speaks like this, but her text is all spelled normally.