is the one of latest entry to Strain42's Persona For The Win
series, after Persona 3 FTW
and Persona 4 TW
. Based on the original Persona
game, Persona Won follows the story of yet another unnamed silent Protagonist as he winds up involved in a demon invasion. The comic follows Persona's SEBEC Route from Issue 1 to 141, and then shifts into a "What If..." by Philemon that kicks in the Snow Queen Quest from Issue 142 onwards.
The comic is still being posted with it's sequel comic Persona 2, with new issues every day Monday-Friday. After the completion of Persona Won, the author will be continuing Persona 4 with Persona 4 TW Add On, based on Persona 4 Arena
Persona Won provides examples of:
- Adaptation Distillation
- Adults Are Useless
- Affably Evil: Kandori.
- Affectionate Parody
- An Axe to Grind: Mark.
- Art Evolution: In reverse, as J.C. drew most of the comics for the series out of order.
- Axes at School: Mark is called out on this when he takes his out.
- Battle Butler: Persona!Yamaoka.
- Blatant Lies: Maki says that S.E.B.E.C. stands for Super Evil Big Evil Corporation.
- Boring Invincible Villain: Kandori became godlike, but he gave it up because he found out that being godlike is boring.
- Butt Monkey: Maki's mother is generally ignored whenever she shows up, and takes lower priority than watching a butterfly despite being injured.
- Call Back: The petrified characters here are similar to Yukiko and Kanji in the wallpaper. Hilariously, this was completely unintentional.
- Cat Smile
- Cloud Cuckoo Lander: Maki.
- Creepy Children: Mai and Aki.
- Cuteness Proximity: Tesso, for Maki.
- Darker and Edgier: Sorta. The main character is shown putting a gun up to Takeda's chin and firing offscreen.
- Extreme Omnivore: The main character eats glass to make it fit in Maki's compact.
- The Faceless: Takeda's Persona. Although this is to cover up the fact that it was not originally drawn as Noppera-bo.
- Fun with Acronyms: Combined with Blatant Lies.
- Gag Penis: Mara...as usual.
- Gory Discretion Shot: We don't actually see Takeda die. Just the main character covered in blood after hearing his gun fire.
- Groin Attack: Maki convinced Mai to give her half of the compact in exchange for hitting the main character in the groin.
- Heroic BSOD: Maki undergoes one after learning about her real self.
- I Always Wanted to Say That: Aki telling the party that their mother was a hamster and their father smelt of elderberries.
- Incredibly Lame Pun: Maki says that they're in a "hairy" situation against a boss with lots of hair.
- Lovable Alpha Bitch: Ayase.
- Ninja Pirate Zombie Robot: Persona!Yamaoka is a surfing angel butler.
- Perpetual Frowner: Reiji.
- School Festival: Mentioned, but otherwise ignored.
- Shout-Out: Mark walking into the wall because of a fake door.
- The Stoic: Reiji Kido never smiles once through the course of the series.
- Sociopathic Hero: The main character.
- Suspiciously Specific Denial: The sign that says "NOT Secret S.E.B.E.C. Entrance. Move Along."
- Take a Third Option: Instead of fighting Tesso fairly, the party opts to push him over so he can't attack.
- Unusually Uninteresting Sight: Mark and Maki don't seem to care that they watched the main character murder someone with a gun.
- The Voiceless: Once again, the protagonist.
- What Happened to the Mouse?: In the original game, Takeda vanishes after the fight with him. This gets corrected by having the main character shoot him to death in the comic.
- Ye Olde Butcherede Englishe: Maki speaks like this, but her text is all spelled normally.