Sometimes it's just fun to make fun of a trope. It's fun to screw around with it or find the humor in those tropes. Thus we have the Parodied Trope. Writers can even spoof their own tropes as a form of Self-Deprecation. Sometimes this comes in the form of an Exaggerated Trope, or even a Downplayed Trope. Sometimes it overlaps with Zig-Zagging Trope, Inverted Trope, Averted Trope, or Subverted Trope (if the context makes it clear the aversion or subversion is a joke). If the trope is called on by the author, but still used, it's a Lampshade Hanging. Compare other kinds of Playing with a Trope, Satire/Parody/Pastiche, Parody, Played for Laughs, Spoof Aesop. Not to be confused with Parody Tropes (a list of tropes that are parodies themselves).
- Lady Gaga spoofed Impractically Fancy Outfits on a Saturday Night Live appearance.
- Also spoofing that trope was Kappa Mikey. Mikey and Lilly go overboard with all kinds of crazy clothing designs when trying to get their ideas bought by a well-known clothing designer. This included a cement dress and clothing made of garbage and food.
- South Park of course makes fun of loads of tropes and plots from All Just a Dream to Zombie Apocalypse.
- Tropic Thunder spoofed loads of moviemaking tropes and some war movie tropes.
- The Simpsons, too, makes fun of plenty of tropes, and in fact one of its sendups of Retirony is where the trope name comes from.
- Those Lacking Spines loves to parody tropes as much as it loves deconstructing them.
- Atop the Fourth Wall spoofs Totally Radical with the '90s Kid character.
- Kickassia is absolutely loaded with trope spoofs.
- Just about everything Mel Brooks does.
- Total Overdose parodies the Hyperspace Arsenal in the opening scene, as Ram carries every single gun in the game in his arms, and a stick of dynamite in his mouth.
- The online roleplaying game Champions Online includes a parody of the iconic Obama poster which reads "Trope"
- Pretty much every Discworld novel ever written parodies a common fantasy trope or six.
- The Nostalgia Chick spoofed Black Best Friend, with Nella, who's white but adopted.
- "Muffin the Vampire Baker", the most shameless parody to have appeared in Sluggy Freelance up until that date, went so overboard for much of one strip that the trope it was actually parodying has to be identified as parody itself (especially of characters).
- The Ratchet & Clank games do this quite a bit.
- Since Soapdish is a parody of Soap Operas, many of their tropes also get spoofed: Back from the Dead (a decapitated character is brought back courtesy of Magic Plastic Surgery), Soap Opera Disease (the mysterious illness making a character mute is revealed as Brain Fever), Luke, I Am Your Father/Absurdly Youthful Mother (one character is revealed to be the mother of a character only a few years younger than her)... and those are just the ones parodied in the Soap Within a Show. The performers' personal lives include an unwittingly incestuous Love Triangle (an actress, her ex, and the daughter she bore him without telling him), Luke, I Am Your Father/Family Relationship Switcheroo (said actress told her daughter she was her niece until she unwittingly started dating her own father)... and more.
- Bad Boys II spoofed Flashed Badge Hijack when Marcus waves down a car (driven by Michael Bay in a Creator Cameo), and Mike says that car would suck for a Chase Scene, so they should get a better one.
- The Tick spoofed many Superhero Tropes, as well as a number of other tropes.
- About half the tropes in The Pirates! In an Adventure with Scientists are spoofed.
- Dragon Ball Z Abridged uses SpaceX far more then anyone has any right to. Some examples being: Space Duck, Space Skype, Space Austrailia (or more specifically, Space Brisbane. Go Space Broncos!), Space Frenchmen, Space Christ, Ole' Space Yeller, and many many more.
- Wicked spoofs Kicking Ass in All Her Finery by having Glinda wear a Cool Crown and Pimped-Out Dress (that even has a white feather skirt in some productions]]) and try to use her wand like a kung fu staff. It turns into What the Fu Are You Doing? instead.