Papa Louie Arcade
(or Papa's Gameria
) is an umbrella term for the platform games Papa Louie
and its More Popular Spin-off
of Time Management Games
, all set in a universe themed around food.Papa Louie: When Pizzas Attack!
is an arcade-style platformer where you must rescue people from evil mutant food as you prepare to battle the nefarious Sarge. The sequel, Papa Louie: When Burgers Attack
, features new playable customers with their own weapons, new enemies, and new skills as you battle Sarge, who has been demoted to The Dragon
, and Big Bad
The Gameria games have you working as a restaurateur of different restaurants serving up a variety of hungry customers. You earn tips along the way, which you can use to earn upgrades for your restaurant, both to improve productivity and keep your customers entertained as they wait. Every week you also earn a large paycheck, which can be raised through working up the rankings.
Games in the Papa Louie Arcade series (in order of release):
- Papa Louie: When Pizzas Attack!
- Papa's Pizzeria
- Papa's Burgeria
- Papa's Taco Mia
- Papa's Freezeria
- Papa's Pancakeria
- Papa's Wingeria
- Papa's Hot Doggeria
- Papa Louie 2: When Burgers Attack!
- Papa's Cupcakeria
Starting with Pancakeria
, you can spend tickets you earn during your shift to win prizes in Foodini's mini-games in between rounds.
This game series contains examples of:
- And A Diet Fizzo: Big Pauly's preferred drink order in Hot Doggeria.
- And Your Reward Is Clothes: You can earn these as prizes in Foodini's mini-games.
- Big Eater: Many of the fat customers such as Big Pauly, Kahuna, and Kingsley tend to order large portions of food, though several skinny ones do, too.
- Bland-Name Product: The Creameos (Oreos), Nutty Butter Cups (Reese's Peanut Butter Cups), and Yum&M's (M&M's) mixables in Freezeria, as well as the Candy Jack (Cracker Jack) popcorn in Hot Doggeria.
- Caustic Critic: Averted with Jojo the food critic, first appearing in Taco Mia. If he really likes the dish you serve, he'll give you a blue ribbon, encouraging customers to give you higher tips for three days.
- Creator Cameo: The founders of Flipline Studios and creators of the Papa Gameria webgames, Tony Solari and Matt Neff; appear as customers in the games. Tony's wife, Mandi, also appears as a customer in the games and even as a playable chef in Wingeria.
- Double Jump: Scooter, Connor & Peggy have this as their skill in Papa Louie 2.
- High-Class Glass: Georgito, who owns a casino in Starlight City where Wingeria is set.
- Mad Scientist: Professor Fitz.
- Non-Indicative Name: Utah, who lives on Calypso Island (Freezeria's setting) despite her name.
- Official Couple: A Flipdeck confirmed Penny/Alberto (the chefs from Papa Freezeria) as this.
- Scout Out: Yippy, who is a member of the Cookie Scouts.
- Shout-Out: There are several to other Flipline games, including Cactus Mccoy.
- Super Strength: James, Rico & Captain Cori are capable of pushing boulders around. Special mention to Captain Cori, whose weapon is an anchor.