Paladog is a Web Game
by fazecat where you play as the heroic Paladog. Set in a far future where animals have replaced humanity, the peaceful animals unite under Paladog to repel the evil creatures attacking Critterland.
Can be played here
- Absurdly High Level Cap: 200. Of course, some abilities have 20 levels, and can only be upgraded every three levels...
- After the End: The gods eradicated humanity for its sins and allowed animals to rise to sentience.
- The Archer: Hood the rabbit is your main ranged unit.
- Attack! Attack! Attack!: Paladog is the only unit who can turn around.
- Badass Adorable: Just about every one of your units.
- Cartoon Bomb
- Cool Horse
- Critical Hit: Every unit has one but it only happens while in Paladog's aura. From dealing more damage to increased range to damaging every single unit on the level.
- Critical Hit Class: The core game mechanic is that the units only unleash their CriticalHits while in Paladog's aura, ranging from more damage to knocking enemies back to hitting everything on the map. The easiest way to win is building nothing but archers, as a group of archers in the aura becomes less Death of a Thousand Cuts and more Wave Motion Gun.
- Death from Above: The Meteor Mace.
- Difficulty Spike: Every level after a boss fight introduces new monsters with new moves.
- Drop the Hammer: Both Paladog and Elite Rhino wield maces.
- Escort Mission
- Giant Mook
- Gratuitous English
- Herd Hitting Attack: Several maces and unit skills.
- Heroic Dog: Paladog
- Humans Are the Real Monsters: Humans filled the world with so much evil that the gods are forced to destroy the world and create a new one with critters as the dominant species. Under the rule of the critters, the world becomes a utopia almost entirely devoid of violence for a thousand years... until The Legions of Hell invade it because they couldn't manipulate the critter's minds like they could humans.
- Hold the Line: Destiny mode.
- Intangible Man: When ghost enemies first reach you, they phase out and keep moving past you. When they reappear, they start attacking, cutting off your reinforcements.
- Keystone Army: Units outside of Paladog's aura will die very quickly.
- Killer Rabbit: Hood
- Kill It with Fire: The Fire Mace is essentially a sawed-off shotgun.
- King Mook: The zombie king. His only attack is to summon zombies at you.
- The Legions of Hell: Your enemies.
- Level Grinding: Ooooh yes. Fortunately, there are items and abilities to increase the amount of experience and gold you get from killing monsters (and items that increase the probability of finding those items).
- Lost Woods: The Mind Forest becomes far more sinister after the third boss.
- Luck-Based Mission: Destiny mode. What spells and even units you can use are randomly determined (and you can only have up to eight stored). Even worse, the units don't wait in your aura where they can use their skills.
- Ninja Zombie Pirate Robot: Pirate skeletons, ninja skeletons, skeletons in pink bikinis...
- Magikarp Power: Hood. At the beginning of the game, he's a decent enough ranged unit. By the end, once you've invested in skills like increasing the frequency of CriticalHits and lowering attack cooldowns, massed of rabbits becomes harbingers of destruction that damage every single enemy (including the enemy base) with the arrow equivalent of More Dakka.
- The Paladin
- Pirate: Monkey the Pirate and some skeletons.
- Punny Name: The rabbit, Hood.
- Random Number God: Do not forget him in your prayers, you will need his help on certain missions.
- Unexpected Gameplay Change: Every third level shifts from the usual type, be it Escort Mission or a lane-based Ao S type.
- Sadistic Choice: Levelling up can feel like this, as you must choose between three randomly-selected abilities to upgrade.
- Shout-Out: the television enemies attack by having a Stringy-Haired Ghost Girl emerge from the screen and swipe at you.
- Stone Wall: The aptly-named Defensive Tortoise. While in Paladog's aura, it takes even less damage.
- Tertiary Sexual Characteristics: the bone-throwing skeletons wear pink bikinis.
- Turns Red: The enemy base sends out a wave of GiantMooks on reaching half HP.
- Wingding Eyes