The OSS Oklahoma: A state of the art medium sized vessel in Earth space fleet with a crew of ten officers on the bridge. Currently on its mission: exploring the far reaches of space and supporting the needs of and defending our outposts and bases. The Oklahoma has been voted 'most fun' in the fleet the last three years.
— Commander Richard Amos, executive officer
Outer Space Astronauts is a TV series about the crew
of the spaceship OSS Oklahoma and their adventures in space. The show is built on the fact that everyone is hilariously incompetent at their job as well as quite a bit crazy.
Everything is (badly) animated, except for the heads of the characters. Those are all played by actors and greenscreened onto the animated bodies. This contributes to the silly feel of the show quite well.
Outer Space Astronauts Provided Examples Of
- Aliens Speaking English: It sounds like either directly translated English or painfully forced English.
- Anachronic Order: Complete with an explanation of what a prequel is
- Anachronism Stew:Pay phones will still be a common sight well into the future apparently and that's just the start.
- Androids Are People, Too: Defied
- Bare Your Midriff: The three most reoccurring ladies bare theirs.
- Bears Are Bad News: Referenced by Johnny and Amos.
- Boobs of Steel:Kak is possibly a literal case and definitely gifted with the most physical strength and toughness of the female crew members.
- Carpet of Virility: Security officer Andy
- Cuteness Proximity: Sunny, first demonstrated with a stray cuddlepuff.
- Deadpan Snarker:Brimley
- The Ditz: Eighty percent of the crew, including the robot!
- Doing It Wrong:From the opening cinematic: Efficiency test failed! Try again?
- Dress Code:Loosely followed by the Oklahoma's crew.
- Drunk Driver: Referenced in the opening but never actually partaken by any of the characters.
- Drunk with Power:called out by name by Amos
- Economy Cast: The state of the art OSS Oklahoma has a crew of ten.
- Exotic Equipment
- Face Full of Alien Wing-Wong
- Hopeless With Tech:Kennedy
- Humanoid Aliens
- Humans Are Warriors:Subverted, the aliens seem to be much better fighters.
- I Call It "Vera": The mechanic Pinto's tools
- Jerkass:Brimely, Kennedy and Captain Ripley.
- Life Force: They have a machine that detects it, not that anyone in the crew actually knows what it is.
- Mooning: The paint job of delta gamma theta's ship includes a picture of it.
- Passed Over Promotion:Amos
- The Pig Pen: Pilot Johnny
- Readings Are Off the Scale: Parodied. "These readings are off the chart!" "Well, they're on the chart; they're just, near the top."
- The Rival: Supposedly the OSS Texas's crew
- Robot Buddy: Kyle 14
- Screw the Rules, I Make Them!: Part of what makes the captain(s) so sorry.
- Shaped Like Itself
- Space Is Noisy: Or as Kennedy points out, it shouldn't be.
- Spikes of Villainy:The aliens in the first episode and Kak.
- Star Fish Aliens:Cuddle puffs, undies.
- The Starscream: Dennis Cake during his time on the Oklahoma.
- Stun Guns:Stun bombs in place of grenades.
- Uncanny Valley: The reason for the show's weird art style according to the creator is that nicer models looked too creepy on the budget. In universe, Kyle and his supposed repairer are examples of it.
- What Happened to the Mouse?: Played for Laughs
- Your Cheating Heart