Obsidian Feathers (capitals optional) is an erratically shifting Let's Play
group on YouTube
. The team currently consists of:
- Charles- Thinks himself to be much more competent than he really is, and an enormous coward. Tends to boss the others around, and generally elects himself leader of whatever is currently happening.
- Harvey- Wise Guy to EVERYONE, Harvey veers from pretending to be the Slender Man and hiding behind walls, to assaulting Charles, to getting hung up on the aesthetics of his home in Minecraft alarmingly quickly, and is actually slightly worse than Charles at some games.
Former Team Members
- Connor- He has only been heard in three episodes, the Oblivion Series, and so little is known of him. No longer on the team, having left to form his own channel.
- Max- Plays Straight Man to everyone else, and values Rule of Cool over usefulness in first-person shooters. Has recently acquired Bandicam, and in his first solo video accidentally claimed that Charles was a racist due to not knowing what "profound" means. Probably left with Connor.
Tropes found in the Lets Plays of Obsidian Feathers
- Straight Man and Wise Guy
- Charles and Harvey, respectively
- Max and Charles, likewise
- Bond One-Liner: "Oh, by the way; you dropped your dirt"
- Attention Deficit Creator Disorder: Only two series have survived past two episodes, so far.
- Mad Scientist: Charles and Max in the second Charles' Workshop video. Highlights include turning a space rocket into a missile by attaching a bomb to the front of it, and Charles nonchalantly brushing off the corpse behind him with "Yeah, that's Connor".
- Creator Backlash: The most viewed video on the channel, Charles Plays Dystopia, consists mainly of Charles wondering if the recording is working and making sparse, vague comments on the narrator mentioning "spawning back in" and the like. Charles is not happy about this.
- Aaand now the channel is "on hiatus until somebody cares"
- Early-Installment Weirdness: The first three pieces of content uploaded (Terraria episodes 0-2) were recorded by Harvey, and had much more background noise than later episodes.
- Catch Phrase: Charles seems to have decided that "Hello Internet, hello YouTube, and hello (Max/Harvey/Connor)" is his.
- Kleptomaniac Hero: In the second Fallout: New Vegas series, Charles steals from boxes he finds in the middle of Goodsprings, in broad daylight, with the rationalization that "They shouldn't have just left it lying around."
- Sociopathic Hero: In the original Fallout: New Vegas three-part-before-abandonment series, Harvey suggests killing and eating; Cheyenne (Sunny Smiles' dog), Sunny Smiles, and the children at the schoolhouse.
- Idiot Ball: In the first Charles' Workshop, Charles refuses to abandon his flying-door-thing even after it becomes clear he's going to hit the roof and die.
- You Keep Using That Word: In the first "OF Max News Update" Max calls rival Youtuber 09Laws0's claim that Charles is a racist "profound". This is quite a significant error.