Now I Know How an X Feels
Boy, oh boy, working at TV Tropes
has been really getting me into a rut. I feel like I deserve a good break after all of this. Now I know how a troper feels.
Wait a minute! I just created a new trope! This is basically a Stock Phrase
that a character uses to describe the mood that he's in.
Anime and Manga
- In Dark Victory Mr. Freeze gets into a fight with the police, and freezes officer Lopez. After Jim Gordon breaks her out of the ice, she says "Now I know what a TV dinner feels like"
- Die Hard - Now I know what a TV dinner feels like.
- My Little Pony The Movie
Danny: Now I know how an ant feels.
- Meet the People (1944)
Julie Hampton: [after kissing hundreds of shipyard workers] Now I know how a trumpeter feels!
- Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles II: The Secret of the Ooze''. Michaelangelo has been spun in circles, been thrown through the air and hit a wall.
Michaelangelo: Now I know what a postal package feels like.
- How to Kill Your Neighbor's Dog
[after a prostate exam] Now I know what a Muppet
- Patterns (1956)
Nancy Staples: [dropping Fred off at work] Now I know what a mother feels when her child goes to school for the first time.
- Citizen Cohn
Roy Cohn: [after being paid a compliment by an opponent] Now I know what a pancake feels like after it's had syrup poured all over it.
- NCIS: Los Angeles episode "Anonymous"
Henrietta 'Hetty' Lange: March!
Now I know how Cinderella
felt with her evil stepmother.
- Married... with Children Unknown episode
Peggy: Al, how am I supposed to do my job and yours? I tell ya, now I know how Hillary [Clinton] feels.
- The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air episode "Sleepless in Bel-Air". Philip is bothered by a noisy cricket.
Now I know how Captain Ahab felt when he was chasing Moby-Dick
Between the both of you, the cricket is the whale?
- Star Trek: Voyager episode "Parallax". The Doctor is activated to provide hydroponics supplies.
The Doctor: Now I know how Hippocrates felt when the king needed him to trim a hangnail.
- Knight Rider episode "The Wrong Crowd"
Bonnie Barstow: Now I know how Michael felt when K.I.T.T. was destroyed. Like half of me is missing.
- The Bionic Woman episode "The Jailing of Jaime"
Boy, now I know how Bambi
felt on the first day of deer season.
- Half and Half
Big Dee Dee Thorne: Well, since no one has offered to buy me a drink, I guess I'll buy my own. Now I know how Phyllis feels.
- The Adventures Of Young Indiana Jones episode "Daredevils of the Desert"
Indiana Jones: [about the rugby match] Too bad I got pounded by British artillery. Now I know how the Turks feel.
- The New 3 Stooges. Moe hits Curly Joe in the nose with a broom.
- The Office (US) episode "Cafe Disco"
Michael Scott: Now I know what the founders of Philip Morris felt like. You just want to give people a smooth, fun way to relax and suddenly you're just some terrible monster.
- Doctor Who episode "Planet of the Spiders: Part Five"
The Doctor: [being held in a giant cobweb] Now I know what a fly feels like.
Johnny Knoxville: [being doused with red wine] Now I know what it feels like to be my liver!
- Electra Woman And Dyna Girl episode "Glitter Rock: Part 1"
Glitter Rock: Those walls are gonna keep moving in, and hit with a big bang!
Dyna Girl: Now I know what a sardine feels like!
- From the Super Mario World episode "Mama Luigi":
Mario: Now I know how a meatball feels!
- A Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade announcer does this on The Simpsons, to the perplexity of his colleagues.
Bill: Ha ha. Wait, what did... Did what I say make sense?
Marty: Well, no, not really, Bill.
Bill: Boy, now I know how the Pilgrims felt.
Marty: What are you talking about, Bill?
Homer: I've come to hate my own creation. Now I know how God feels.
- This becomes a plot point in "Bart Gets an F". While Bart is crying that he still for an F on his test despite spending all his time studying, he compares his anguish to George Washington's surrender at Fort Necessity in 1757. This proves to Mrs. Krabappel that Bart really did study and she revises his grade to a D-minus.
- Family Guy, "Emission Impossible" - Peter and Lois are trying for another baby, and Stewie doesn't fancy the competition:
Stewie Griffin: My God, they're at it again! All this time keeping people from having sex...now I know how the [Roman] Catholic Church feels. BA-ZING!
- King of the Hill:
Bobby Hill: Everybody's got a deer and I don't. Everything looks so Christmasy. Now I know how the Jewish kids feel.
- Teen Titans:
- Captain Planet and the Planeteers episode "A World Below Us":
Kwame: [While imprisoned in a net] Now I know how fish feel!
- G.I. Joe: The Cobra troops are surrounded.
Major Bludd: Now I know how Custer felt!
- Totally Spies!: The girls are tangled in seaweed.
Clover: Now I know what sushi feels like.
- The Perils of Penelope Pitstop episode "Hair-Raising Harness Race", after the Ant Hill Mob land in fresh concrete:
Clyde: Now I know what a statue feels like.
- The Magic School Bus episode "Revving Up", while in the bus' carburetor:
- Sonic Sat AM:
Sonic:'' *After suffering a nasty shock* Unnngh. Now I know how a bug zapper feels.
- Scooby-Doo, Where Are You! episode "Scooby's Night With A Frozen Fright," after Shaggy and Scooby take a ride on a whale's tale at a marine park and the whale bats them out of the park and into a trash can:
Shaggy: Now I know what a baseball feels like when it's knocked out of the park!
- ''Tiny Toon Adventures" once had Sweetie Pie get hit by a book—"The Mike Tyson Story":
Sweetie Pie: Now I know how Robin Givens feels!