Now I Know How an X Feels
Boy, oh boy, working at TV Tropes
has been really getting me into a rut. I feel like I deserve a good break after all of this. Now I know how a troper feels.
Wait a minute! I just created a new trope! This is basically a Stock Phrase
that a character uses to describe the mood that he's in.
Anime and Manga
- Die Hard - Now I know what a TV dinner feels like.
- My Little Pony The Movie
Danny: Now I know how an ant feels.
- Meet the People (1944)
Julie Hampton: [after kissing hundreds of shipyard workers] Now I know how a trumpeter feels!
- Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles II: The Secret of the Ooze''. Michaelangelo has been spun in circles, been thrown through the air and hit a wall.
Michaelangelo: Now I know what a postal package feels like.
- How to Kill Your Neighbor's Dog
[after a prostate exam] Now I know what a Muppet
- Patterns (1956)
Nancy Staples: [dropping Fred off at work] Now I know what a mother feels when her child goes to school for the first time.
- Citizen Cohn
Roy Cohn: [after being paid a compliment by an opponent] Now I know what a pancake feels like after it's had syrup poured all over it.
- NCIS: Los Angeles episode "Anonymous"
Henrietta 'Hetty' Lange: March!
Now I know how Cinderella
felt with her evil stepmother.
- Married... with Children Unknown episode
Peggy: Al, how am I supposed to do my job and yours? I tell ya, now I know how Hillary [Clinton] feels.
- The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air episode "Sleepless in Bel-Air". Philip is bothered by a noisy cricket.
Now I know how Captain Ahab felt when he was chasing Moby-Dick
Between the both of you, the cricket is the whale?
- Star Trek: Voyager episode "Parallax". The Doctor is activated to provide hydroponics supplies.
The Doctor: Now I know how Hippocrates felt when the king needed him to trim a hangnail.
- Knight Rider episode "The Wrong Crowd"
Bonnie Barstow: Now I know how Michael felt when K.I.T.T. was destroyed. Like half of me is missing.
- The Bionic Woman episode "The Jailing of Jaime"
Boy, now I know how Bambi
felt on the first day of deer season.
- Half and Half
Big Dee Dee Thorne: Well, since no one has offered to buy me a drink, I guess I'll buy my own. Now I know how Phyllis feels.
- The Adventures Of Young Indiana Jones episode "Daredevils of the Desert"
Indiana Jones: [about the rugby match] Too bad I got pounded by British artillery. Now I know how the Turks feel.
- The New 3 Stooges. Moe hits Curly Joe in the nose with a broom.
- The Office (US) episode "Cafe Disco"
Michael Scott: Now I know what the founders of Philip Morris felt like. You just want to give people a smooth, fun way to relax and suddenly you're just some terrible monster.
- Doctor Who episode "Planet of the Spiders: Part Five"
The Doctor: [being held in a giant cobweb] Now I know what a fly feels like.
Johnny Knoxville: [being doused with red wine] Now I know what it feels like to be my liver!
- Electra Woman And Dyna Girl episode "Glitter Rock: Part 1"
Glitter Rock: Those walls are gonna keep moving in, and hit with a big bang!
Dyna Girl: Now I know what a sardine feels like!
- From the Super Mario World episode "Mama Luigi":
Mario: Now I know how a meatball feels!
- A Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade announcer does this on The Simpsons, to the perplexity of his colleagues.
Bill: Ha ha. Wait, what did... Did what I say make sense?
Marty: Well, no, not really, Bill.
Bill: Boy, now I know how the Pilgrims felt.
Marty: What are you talking about, Bill?
Homer: I've come to hat my own creation. Now I know how God feels.
- Family Guy, "Emission Impossible" - Peter and Lois are trying for another baby, and Stewie doesn't fancy the competition:
Stewie Griffin: My God, they're at it again! All this time keeping people from having sex...now I know how the [Roman] Catholic Church feels. BA-ZING!
- King of the Hill:
Bobby Hill: Everybody's got a deer and I don't. Everything looks so Christmasy. Now I know how the Jewish kids feel.
- Teen Titans:
- Captain Planet and the Planeteers episode "A World Below Us":
Kwame: [While imprisoned in a net] Now I know how fish feel!
- G.I. Joe: The Cobra troops are surrounded.
Major Bludd: Now I know how Custer felt!
- Totally Spies!: The girls are tangled in seaweed.
Clover: Now I know what sushi feels like.
- The Perils of Penelope Pitstop episode "Hair-Raising Harness Race", after the Ant Hill Mob land in fresh concrete:
Clyde: Now I know what a statue feels like.
- The Magic School Bus episode "Revving Up", while in the bus' carburetor:
- Sonic Sat AM:
Sonic:'' *After suffering a nasty shock* Unnngh. Now I know how a bug zapper feels.
- Scooby-Doo, Where Are You! episode "Scooby's Night With A Frozen Fright," after Shaggy and Scooby take a ride on a whale's tale at a marine park and the whale bats them out of the park and into a trash can:
Shaggy: Now I know what a baseball feels like when it's knocked out of the park!