An online novel, a series of LARP games and a general smattering of setting and characters, created by Dustin Katz and Tom Kelly.The stories take place in Nolix and Uul, a pair of worlds that were once one. Nolix harbors the universe's (mostly) non-magical humans, and a race of affluent angels. Uul is the afterlife, where ghosts drift and demons fly.The novel focuses on five main heroes: Daku, a good-for-nothing warrior-scoundrel; Akali, a knight of Zel, Nolix's enigmatic god; Janaka, a mysterious spy-like man; Saru, a cautious young wizard with the power to create barriers, and Mato, blademaster of questionable self-esteem. The story details their experiences with the convergence of Nolix and Uul.
Contains examples of:
- Always Chaotic Evil: Subverted: Angels are not necessarily good. Likewise, demons are not necessarily evil.
- Anyone Can Die: Sort of. Most of the time, anyone can come back to life as well.
- Belligerent Sexual Tension: Daku and Akali.
- BFS: Waznarae's flame-sword.
- Cool Old Guy: Farelsh is very much one. Of the grumpy variety.
- Crystal Dragon Jesus: Iniru/Raya.
- Five-Man Band: It's debatable what roles the initial protagonists play in theirs:
* Hero: Akali
* Lancer: Janaka
* Big Guy: Daku
* Smart Guy: Saru
* The Chick: Mato
- Love Makes You Crazy: Kezra.
- Love Triangle: Mato, Saru, and Heekin.
- Our Dragons Are Different: Nolix%Uul's dragons are really more like demigods: Magical beings with contrasting over-the-top personalities.
- The Plan: Done by Ozer, Kintol, Kezra, and some others.
- Power Gives You Wings
- Scarily Competent Tracker: Janaka following Nasatu through the sky, though he does so with logic. Subverted when Mato makes up a bunch of details about some tracks he sees.
- Super Strength: Nagrael. Later on, Rhefelli.
- Sealed Evil in a Can: Ozer.
- Self-Deprecation: The majority of Mato's humor.
- The End of the World as We Know It: The converging of the worlds.
- The Power of Love: Subverted, but sometimes played straight.
- Wizarding School: The Academy of Supernatural Research.